3.08.2012

Sometimes plans change

My running plan for today was to run 7 miles before work. But just as I was about to pull myself out of bed dark-and-early this morning darling daughter woke up and asked me if it was a "mommy day" (code for no school). For the third time this week I had to inform her, no, it was indeed a school day. However, I didn't have the heart to stick to my plan. Instead I told her she could cuddle with me more and she snuggled up close and eventually fell back to sleep. I was able to sneak out of the house but in time to go straight to work with the intention of a short run later.

Do I regret my choice? Absolutely not. My training plan will always be there. My darling daughter will only be 4 once and really, how many times does she need to cry in the morning? Okay, perhaps I am still sensitized to the gut-wrenching cry from her as I left the house yesterday "Mommy, please don't leave me....".

Therefore, I ended up running a wee bit more than a mile after work and will do two back-to-back medium runs the next two days. I have dreams of a 7-mile and 9-mile and haven't decided which to do first. Sunday will be a low mileage day for me and next Saturday, a 3-mile race where I want to put my whole heart into it.

How was your run today?

Today I am grateful for:
  • Taking the time to be there for my darling daughter
  • My darling daughter learning to take pictures with my camera
  • Dear hubby finishing up the laundry for me yesterday
  • Sunshine at my house
  • Getting safely through that huge puddle of water on my way home

6 comments:

  1. You got it right! Family first! How long will she want to snuggle like that for? Get it while you can!! I'm still loving them at 6 and 7!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for u for cherishing the sweet moments w ur daughter. Those miles will always be there patiently waiting for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, sweet snuggles.. how lovely for both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, I crapped out on my run completely today. I would have gone with the snuggles too, good call.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My kids are 4 and 6, and already I see the snuggles slipping away. Absolutely embrace them while you can! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so right! The training plan will always be there.

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat!