3.16.2012

Run 'til Your Green is Just Around the Corner!

I tend to be very focused on my half marathons and marathon training; however, that doesn't mean I can't be equally excited, and somewhat nervous, about race day tomorrow. What is the race? The Run 'til Your Green 3 miler! Currently, there is more information HERE but I am sure that will change in the future. So then you can go HERE.

This isn't the first year for me to run this race. I ran in 2010 and again in 2011. What makes this year different? This year I am not just running to have fun. I want to have fun and race well!

The weather here has been rainy and windy. It looks like the rain has moved on but the wind is still here. The good thing about blogging race reports is that you can go back and easily remember last year's run. Yep, the trade winds were crazy then too, even at the time of the race. I had a headwind for the first half and then the wind was to my back. Okay, I can handle that. I even forgot that last year was just after the tsunami! Okay, no funny smells this year!

I can run 3 miles. No problem. What I want is to run those miles at a 8'00" pace or less. Wish me luck!

Now onto the fun stuff. At first I was going to wear this...


But then the race director put out an email and challenged us to be green. The greenest wins a prize. Okay, I won't be the greenest but look what I ended up picking up. 


Yep, new outfit for a race. Totally unlike me but I will be fine. The brands I have run in before and I can endure anything for 3 miles. Never, ever will I try new for anything longer! No matter what the challenge is.

And check out the Bondi Band I have!


And darling daughter can't be left out of the green fun...


And dear hubby, he has some green pants but couldn't wait until tomorrow to wear them so no picture for me to share.

Today I am grateful for:
  • Store sales that let me have some fun and put a little green in our day!
  • Healthy Surprise...I haven't even got my first box but I am so excited to try it and customer service rocks!
  • A day off of work...okay, I just worked four 10+ hour shifts to get to today, but now I have a three-day weekend
  • Race day is tomorrow!
  • Children shows that educate my daughter about cetaceans...she is getting a good sperm whale lesson right now!

11 comments:

  1. Good luck tomorrow! The green outfit is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck tomorrow, love your green outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all that green! Seems like everyone is racing this weekend... best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the outfit, so festive! Can't wait to hear how things go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the outfit and daughter's shirt. GOOD LUCK tomorrow. Remember, you're hardcore and I believe in you. You are going to crush this race!!! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great outfit! Good luck, you've got this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome new outfit. Cannot wait to see some pics. And have lots of fun. Happy St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all the well wishes! I will try to get some pictures this evening but I am running solo....being dropped off and family coming post-run!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did an outstanding job and so cool to meet you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ditto! I am so stoked we all PR'd!!!

      Delete
    2. Me too! :-) and the trade winds were strong that first 1/2

      Delete

Mahalo for your comments!