3.05.2012

Leap Year Virtual Run - Top Finishers and Door Prizes

This is probably one of the hardest but most exciting posts to write. There was so much data to collect, sort,  find random winners (via www.random.org) etc. But I am happy to announce that out of the just over 100 people that signed up, 59 people entered their results! That is fantastic! I am so happy to be able to motivate people to get out there and overcome some obstacles.

I am sure I didn't stumble upon or get links to all the race reports so feel free to add your links in the comments but here is what some of the participants were saying.....

Thanks Jill!
Jill woke up at 5:30 am and was kind enough to share a picture, which I got permission to use.

Nikki hit the hills and took a wonderful picture of her homemade bib.

Karen hit the treadmill to do her 2.9 miles and ironically took a final picture that has the PAU of pause, which is "all done" here in Hawai'i.

Yo Momma Runs was battling a virus but still dug deep and got it done.

Ali Mc is battling hip issues and still managed to get it done....and hopefully ended up winning the Tommie Copper photo contest on facebook. It was hard for me to go all out promoting myself because her intentions were so pure and focused on her mom. What a great daughter!


Now onto the top finishers:
1st place: Jayne M. Sorry, I have no contact information but she run in an awesome 19'50"!
2nd place: {lifeasa}RunningMom 21'22" (and I am not giving myself the lei)
3rd place: Christy G. at Christy Runs with 21'25"
4th place: Brad C. at Running up North with 22'02"

Jayne, Christy G., and Brad C. email me at lifeasarunningmom (gmail) your physical mailing address and I will send you your lei and treat for placing!

Are you ready for some door prizes? I thought you were! To reiterate, winners were chosen randomly from www.random.org by their finishing placement. In other words, I sorted my google document by race time to get the finishers and used that same data page for random number generation. Just in case you were interested.

Ultima Replenisher - Erik the Running Moose!

nuun samples and bottle - Shannon at Tales from an Average Runner!

Pampered Runner gift set - Fancy Nancy! On that note, Caolan at Chronic Runner, you still need to contact me about winning this same gift on the 29th!

Random door prizes go to Cindy M. at Where the Wind Has Taken Me, Carrie at Family Fitness Food, Carla O. (no social media contact), and Nikki at Slow is the New Fast!

All door prize winners, please email me at lifeasarunningmom (gmail) with your physical mailing address and I will get your goodies out to you as soon as possible.

Please note: All winners must contact me by March 12th or the prize will vanish in thin air (or be given to someone else). 


Today I am grateful for:
  • Each one of you
  • Being able to congratulate you all for a run well done
  • Closet dehumidifiers
  • Lysol spray
  • Being lazy because through it I found an awful mold problem!

7 comments:

  1. I forgot to post my stats! I ran it in 31:00...not fast, but felt great! And didn't have to walk! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful that you got such great participation results, Erica. Speaks to your awesome great influence on us all! I am happy for the winners and glad that I 'know' so many of them, too.

    Great fun and I will see you in 4 more years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for hosting!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy that you placed in the TC contest :) and you have no idea how much it meant to me when I saw you campaigning for me when you were also in the contest :) Next time you enter anything else I will be your front man plastering VOTE FOR ERICA everywhere :) xoxox

    you definitely have the aloha spirit ;)

    Congrats to the those FAST runners!!!! wow and yay for the door prizes. Definitely a fun race - make sure to register for mine - post will be up sometime this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed this virtual run. Thank you again for doing it. You not only inspired me to run on a lazy day, but you pulled a blog post out of me as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally forgot to check to see if I was a winner because I never win anything! Oh well, maybe I'll get lucky again another time!
    Carla O.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carla, email me at lifeasarunningmom (gmail) with your physical mailing address and I may be able to make today your day!

      Delete

Let's chat!