3.20.2012

It's all in the PROOF

It is funny how you see a word used so many times and honestly, I don't always think much about it. How many race photos have you seen the word PROOF on? Countless if you are like me. Yes, I know why it is there but with a recent FitFluential challenge to show pictures of ambassadors engaging in fitness I started pondering the word a bit more. PROOF. No longer is this just a "sample" photo but "evidence" that you did pass that photographer on the sideline or at the finish line.

What does all that mean to you? Perhaps not much but essentially, I am going to focus a bit more on some of the images I am sharing with you and aim to get action shots. However, since I workout solo 99.999% of the time, this is a huge challenge but let's see what I can come up with.

I did manage to get myself up quite early this morning but after reflecting on my training plan up until race day on the 1st, I realized my Daily Mile goal to run 10 miles today doesn't truly fit. Yes, I want to run. But more importantly, I feel like I need to stick somewhat closer to my training plan right now so I can do what I want to do on the 1st. And the plan said to run an easy 5 miles. Alrighty then!

On the way down to the gym I tried a sesame seed Bumble Bar from the Healthy Surprise package that arrived yesterday. I learned about this company in some giveaways and couldn't count on winning so opted to start getting some monthly treats. I am already in love with the company idea, product, and customer service. And this bar.....delicious!!!!

It turns out it was probably a good idea I changed my running plans. All the treadmills were full! I ended up doing a warm-up on the Stairmaster for a few while I waited for a treadmill to be available. Thank goodness I lucked out. However, I should eat a bit more prior to an early morning run. I was starving hungry halfway through. My stomach was grumbling. But I completed my run with an average pace of 8'43", day 82 completed.


And if you have been following my blog for awhile you probably have heard me talk about stretching, foam rolling, and using The Stick at work to help alleviate some of those pesky aches here and there. Yep, I truly do have a massage stick at work and it does get used. I wish I had a photo of all the "pen marks" on my dress last week. I couldn't figure out where they were coming from and later realized, it was The Stick. So today, jeans will go well with my "relaxation" time.

Today I am grateful for:
  • Creativity
  • Others inspiring me to think outside the box
  • Draw Something with Friends
  • Healthy Surprise
  • Schools that are great early learning centers

8 comments:

  1. What a fun idea! How much does the box cost? I'd love to try that. I'm very fond of Draw Something too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aloha Nicole, They have different options starting at $38 per month. At first the $$ sounded scary until I reflected on what that money was purchasing....wholesome nutrition for my family and getting all of us to step out of the box and try something new!

      Delete
  2. I wish we had that box service I have been trying to find it here for months!

    and I love your take on "PROOF" lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your thoughts on proof!

    I'v been using ice baths lately and they have really been helping. Plus, no pen marks. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always loved the word Proof on race finisher photos - the ones where the person is wearing their medal and standing in front of the finish line or area. I always felt if I ordered one, I would ask them to leave the word Proof there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the stick too! I love it!

    Great thoughts as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a big runner too! I went for a run last night with my dog and devoured some kale chips afterwards!.

    Do you guys listen to audiobooks or podcasts on your runs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet you Joe!

      I know of some people who say listen to audiobooks rocks when they run but honestly, I just want a good beat to run to. I don't want to think and listen to a story line, I want my thoughts to randomly flow in and out of my heads and some days I realize I never really "heard" one song.

      Delete

Mahalo for your comments!