4.02.2012

Inspire Yourself

Inspiration is a funny thing. You never know when you will find it or where. While watching Ultramarathon Man: 50 marathons, 50 states, 50 days with my daughter inspiration hit me in the face…..and it has stuck.

"Run if you can, walk if you have to, crawl if you must, just never give up." 
by Dean Karnazes

This quote touched my heart in a special way because it demonstrates that anyone can have struggles during a run. In fact, we all will face doubt, feel like we can't go on, and want to quit. What we choose to do at that moment is entirely up to ourselves. And I believe the choices we make clearly demonstrate the depth of our commitment and character.

Don't ever give up. You may no longer have a PR in reach, you may have gone the wrong way, just don't give up. At THIS RACE I was tempted to quit, to give up, I chose to keep on running. I am glad I did.

Don't ever give up. You may have an injury that that you can't run through. You may feel like you will never be able to run again. You may be discouraged. Cross train. Do something else. Just don't give up.

I have faith in you. I believe in you. You are strong, you can do it.

Daily Gratitude: I am thankful for those who follow my blog and hope that I can inspire some to go one step further.
Daily Affirmation: I am brave.

3 comments:

  1. That is the coolest picture ever! Dean Karnazes is my hero! You are pretty lucky to get to have met him and get a photo with him. Love it♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is quite inspirational! I am blessed to have had the chance to say hi!

      Delete
  2. Anonymous3:23 AM

    Don't ever give up. You may have an injury that that you can't run through. You may feel like you will never be able to run again. You may be discouraged. Cross train. Do something else. Just don't give up.


    .. Oh my God this was for me .. i got tears in my eyes.. I will never , never ,never Give up! thnak you


    running mom of 3

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat!