3.13.2012

I choose to challenge myself

You never know what you can truly do unless you push the limits.

I want one now! Source
You never know if you will like something until you try it. Sometimes, you may need to keep giving it a try. Like tomatoes. No way would I eat one raw as a kid. Now I devour them!

You never know what is out there unless you open your eyes and really look.

All that said and done, months ago I would have said no way could I run more than 6 days a week, and even that was pushing the limit. I challenged myself and found out I was wrong.

I am a firm believer in celebrating the little things in life. Don't overlook the baby steps because you are focused on something bigger. Don't miss the splendors of today because you are hoping for a better tomorrow.


So today I opted to celebrate the little milestone in my life, day 75 of running, by running 7.5 miles. I would love to say it was a blissful run full of delight but it wasn't. First, my favorite treadmills at the gym were all in use and I had to use one of the less-than-ideal ones. Okay, no problem. I can deal with this. At least there was one (and only one) available. I was blessed.

Then my earplugs kept falling out. Really? Why is it that they stay perfectly in place or constantly fall out? Why not fall out a few times and problem resolved? No worries. Keep on running. I posted my challenge to the world to run 7.5 miles today and good golly, I am going to do it.

I even played around with a couple of mantras. Dig Deep. Be #OpHardcoreFit. And how about Dig Deep Chickaroo?

I even toyed with some rationalizations. So what if this isn't your favorite treadmill, are you always going to be able to run your favorite routes on race day? So what if you are really hot, do you think you are never going to be hot on race day? So what if you are annoyed with the earplugs, do you think you will never get annoyed on race day? So what if you are bothered by your pace, does it really matter during this challenge and training run? Stop complaining girlie and keep on running!


Today I am grateful for:
  • Being able to tell when I have been grouchy and can apologize for it, sorry again dear hubby
  • The courage to post my challenges to the world
  • The determination to embrace and complete the challenges I give myself
  • Hearing about healthysurprise.com and the temptation to give it a try
  • Social media and being able to connect with and learn from so many fascinating people

14 comments:

  1. What an amazing streak, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I will do my best, each and every day!

      Delete
  2. Wow, 75 days! That's rad! Holy crap I just looked out my window and it's snowing. So not related...sorry. Congrats on getting er done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah for the snow! How cool is that?! I am so glad you shared!

      Delete
  3. Yay!! At least you got it done. I am also sending you some of my good run vibes from today. As you know, I completed my nonstop 5 miler today. Thank you for the message on Daily mile!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot to tell you!! I mentioned your awesome treadmill tips in my blog today..Helped me to reach that 5 miles!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on 75 days in a row. Amazing, really. Here is a 75 jumping jack salute! Reals. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Elle. What a nice gesture!

      Delete
  6. Whoop Whoop!! You GO GIRL!! 75 day streak and 7.5 miles is AWESOME!! Way to Rock It!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice job on the streak! That's amazing! And congrats on finding ways to celebrate the milestones. I think that's important, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so impressed with you, 75 days is AMAZING!! Great job getting through a tougher run, I have been telling myself to not "punk out" lately. I think it has been working!

    I still can't eat raw tomatoes though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! That is amazing. You are such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat!