3.01.2012

February in Review

I love February and love that we had an extra day this year but I am even happier that February is now behind us all and we are officially in March.

Why? Because Februarys are always hard training months for me with so much work to do at my real job. I never seem to have enough hours in the day.

Last year I logged 44.1 miles. This year I logged 66.6 miles. I am happy with the improvement but am somewhat disappointed that I was significantly down from my 98 miles in January. Year-to-date I am at approximately 164 miles.

February 29th marks Day 62 in my personal 1+ 2012 challenge. For my 12 in 12, I have run two half marathons so far this year.

I ran in two races in February. I got a new half marathon PR at the Run for the Whales and ran my heart out at the For the Love of Maui 5K but didn't set a new 5K PR....yet. In addition, I hosted my first Leap Year Virtual Run, which was a lot of fun to do.

February 29th also marked the end of the Winter 100 Challenge at The Running Mom. The goal was to run 100 miles from December 2011 to February 2012. I ended up with 244 miles. I must confess, I did forget about this challenge from time-to-time throughout the duration but that is no fault of the challenge....just my focus. And if I wasn't going over the goal, I probably would have been a whole lot more focused on it.

Where do I hope to go from here? First, take a look at my running chart for February.


I love that I ran every day but my long runs are missing. This was mainly due to time constraints with a hectic work life and then due to a nagging cough, etc. I want to get back into my routine of a nice long run on the weekend and a good medium run mid-week....with other base runs around them, of course.

How am I going to make this happen? Commitment and determination. It is time for me to step up to the plate again and get it done. Work life is calming down a bit and I am almost over the nagging cough. I want to get four good weeks of training in before my next half marathon race on April 1st - the Wahine Half Marathon. I am so excited about running this race again and I must confess, I always go into this race thinking fun, fun, fun not PR, PR, PR.

Today I am grateful for:
  • Being able to get two new shirts for work....for FREE
  • Tax refunds
  • Coffee that isn't too strong
  • Birds singing
  • Calm breezes

7 comments:

  1. It's hard to run every day especially with a hectic work schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you've had an awesome year so far and I'm convinced it will only get better! thanks again for hosting the virtual run :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing so well and I think it is amazing that you are keeping up your commitment to run every day. !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you are awesome! I tried running everyday at the start of this new year and stopped after the 4th day - it's tough! Kuddos to you for keeping that up! Woohoo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you did great! And you really crushed that 100 miles challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome job racking up those miles!

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat!