3.29.2012

Almost Race Day....and I think I'm Ready!

My training recently has been completely off course from what I hoped. I set out to run 2 miles yesterday but ran 1 mile with achy legs and spent a lot of time stretching. Today my hope was 5 miles but alas, darling daughter woke me up at 2:00 am. I ended up getting out of bed shortly after 4:00 am to spend time with her versus heading out the door to the gym. That was Plan A....head to gym, run, then go chaperone the field trip.


I guess she was starving hungry and couldn't sleep so I made her a quick breakfast, got her set-up with some "homework" (isn't that what all 4-year old's do at 4-something in the morning?), and jumped on the treadmill. I ended up running 2 miles and felt wonderful. Yes, I could have run longer but with Plan A being abandoned, dear hubby "volunteered" me to take darling daughter to school cutting my "extra me" time out.


Ironically, I am not bothered by this. I believe things happen for a reason. My left piriformis is being pesky, as it always is before race day. I know I can run the 13.1 miles come Sunday and am trusting that the cosmic forces are ensuring I don't overdo my runs up until race day. Or at least, I must believe that to avoid getting frustrated, discouraged, and doubtful.

Daily Gratitude: I am thankful there was no rain on the field trip....a walk to a local bakery.
Daily Affirmation: My flexibility makes me a better person.

6 comments:

  1. Listen to those cosmic forces and your pesky piriformis and you will race with a smile on your face and run well this Sunday. Aloha my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Pip's comment! Trust in yourself, listen to your body and have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should be proud of yourself - 91 day streak. That's amazing! 100 days coming up,...cool beans. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck on your race!! Try to do some yoga or pilates with some stretching to get the muscles to relax :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. GOOD LUCK in your race! You've totally got this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck, you are going to do great!

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat!