2.16.2012

What's in your water?

I was asked the other day if I ever tried nuun and yes, I have. Of course, I eagerly responded to the email from a fellow blogger but it got me thinking.....I really needed to find the time to do some of these product reviews tucked away in the back of my mind. So there is no time like the present to talk to you about nuun.

I was "introduced" to nuun last year when I was following bloggers participating in the Hood to Coast relays. All the ladies seemed to really like the product and I liked that they were tablets you could add to your drink versus lugging around multiple bottles. Although, living on an island I wasn't sure I would stumble upon this product but always kept my eyes out for it as I really needed an alternative to the diluted down Gatorade as my runs were increasing in distance and my doctor was not happy with my drink choice.

One day I was blessed when I saw it on the shelves of a local sports store. I grabbed some vials - Tri-Berry and Fruit Punch - and checked out. It seems this was new to the store and the cashier was eager for my product review. Hmmm....sorry, I haven't really tried it yet and yes, I am buying two vials since I have heard it is yummy and good. Each vial contains 12 tablets and one tablet is good for 16 oz of water. There is a breaking line in the center of each to easily split it into 8 oz servings and yes, I have even broken and half in half for smaller cups of water....just yesterday

To date I have tried Tri-Berry, Fruit Punch, Strawberry Lemonade, Grape, and Citrus Fruit. Grape is my least favorite but it is still drinkable. Keep in mind, I am not a huge grape drink lover though. I have trained and raced with nuun and for the most part, I have had no issues. I have even wrapped spare tablets and tucked in my pocket for enhancing water on a half marathon course. It works great as long as you don't drop the tablet. I did that during a training run where I was practicing my technique. 

For the one time nuun did not settle well it was during the Run for the Whales and I think it was my fault, not nuun's. You see, I got so annoyed I was misdirected on the course that I forgot to keep hydrating. By the time I remembered, I think I was on the verge of dehydration and nothing would have settled well. There is some fizziness when the tablet dissolves and I know to some that may be a concern. Like I said, I haven't had any real issues.

But what I like most about nuun is that it is portable and I always have a vial in my purse. I drink it even when I am not running. Yesterday I felt my water needed a little boost...or I did. I put in 1/4 of a tablet and it was just the refreshing lift I needed. I have also had many nights recently when at the end of the day my stomach is just restless and nauseous. I am really attributing that to stress with work but I am ending my day with a cup of nuun (1/2 tablet in just over 8 oz of water). It is a good end of day drink and I head off to bed afterwards for a good night's sleep.

Shop nuun
If the nuun fairy would arrive and leave me a vial of each flavor I would be a happy camper....although I am not so sure I would like the Banana and I wouldn't go for the Kona Cola at all. But that is just my personal opinion. And on that note, all of this is just my personal opinion. I have not been paid in any way, shape, or form by nuun to write this product review.

Do you want to try some? I just may have some for you. Participate in the Leap Year Virtual Run, enter your time as instructed, and one lucky "door prize" winner will get some nuun to try for themselves!

Today I am grateful for:
  • The 2 3/4 tablets of nuun left in the vial in my purse
  • My determination to run every day
  • Patience
  • My coffee break run at work yesterday....even though I had no socks
  • The week is almost over

7 comments:

  1. oooohhh I do want to try some. They won't ship to Canada but everyone, yourself included always raves about it. I have your race button on my page and will be running for sure!!!!! can't wait :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a real bummer they won't ship to you. Perhaps luck will be on your side. :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for this... you KNOW it was just what I needed to read today!

    I am definitely entered in your Leap Year Virtual Run. And I would love to win some nuun!

    Thanks for the great review and I hope the nuun fairy visits you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Nuun! I have tried Strawberry Lemonade, Tri-berry, Citrus Fruit, Grape, Lemon Tea, Lemon Lime and Fruit Punch. I really want to try Tropical though! We currently have five tubes of Nuun at home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have some Nuun at home that I've been meaning to try for the past couple weeks but I didn't want to try anything new for my half last weekend so I was holding off until this week. Thanks for posting your review and reminding me to try mine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Hubby recently started using Nuun and love it. I think the flavor is a little weak, but I used it when I was spinning for 2 1/2 hours straight and I'll admit, I felt pretty darn good the entire time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have heard so much about Nuun...but havenever tried it! Can't run yet so I can't participate in the leap year run...but I will definately try some Nuun in the near future...thanks for the info. Great Post!

    ReplyDelete

Mahalo for your comments!