2.21.2012

Tuesday's This and That

Aloha all!

First, Jenn's Adventures turned me onto this....Linky Followers. I am going to give it a try and see if you guys like it as a means to follow me versus all the other routes you are hearing about once Google Friend Connect isn't with us anymore. I am still determining how I best want to follow the blogs I love to read and am welcome to hear what platforms you are loving!

Second, I added a new page on my blog with some ways to follow and stay connected. This topic is going around and around so I'm not going to formally dedicate a whole post to a discussion we are all hearing. But it is there if you want it.....Connect with Me.

Now onto some running news.....in a roundabout way.

If you have ever helped host a large event or festival day, you know how draining it is. Physically and emotionally. And yes, it has taken its toll on me with a cold I thought I was over coming back. But in all reality, it was to be expected with the limited amount of sleep I was getting. And I am still stoked that I have been able to continue to run each day....even on THE DAY....Saturday.

I was up before 4:00 am to get my one mile run in for the day. After a shower and getting ready, I started making breakfast -- my part of the exchange for a friend being the designated driver. She drove, I made breakfast croissants with egg, mushroom, cheese, tomato, and a touch of sausage. We were going to need the energy to get through the day. I was out of the house by 5:00 am.

My day was so hectic that I only had a moment to see what the entertainment was doing...honestly, just long enough to take the picture. I had to spare a few moments for darling daughter to play as I conned dear hubby to flip burgers for hours at end since we were short on volunteers. I never really got to "play" at the awesome regatta as I had way too much to do. And amazingly enough, I was home by 10:00 pm. I was lucky.




And somehow I managed to pull myself out of bed on Sunday to run even though my body felt like I ran a marathon the day before.


Today I am grateful for:
  • Supportive people
  • The ability to apologize when I am wrong
  • Perseverance when others say I should stop
  • A wonderful Mommy-Daughter day yesterday
  • Coupons

7 comments:

  1. I will have to look into Linky Followers, thanks for mentioning it!

    You have worked really hard, but I am glad that you have been able to get some running in here and there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jamie, I have learned to love a little run over no run and not to be so hard on myself on overall weekly mileage.

      Delete
  2. Wow girl! Kudos to you for fitting it all in!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks fancy nancy....I am so happy this time of year is gone and won't be back until next year! Talk about endurance training!

      Delete
  3. First, thanks for the Linky Followers recommendation! I will check that out. Again, I am in awe of your amazing juggling abilities. Awesome job, girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First, I need to highlight that it was Jenn's Adventures who stirred up the Linky Followers talk. And for juggling, I guess I would be way too bored if I didn't have 20 things going on at once!

      Delete
  4. Great job fitting it all in!

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat!