2.02.2012

Run for the Whales is Just Around the Corner

I can't believe it is almost race day and I have barely blogged about it. In fact, I haven't really thought about it too much as I have been debating whether or not to aim for a PR. Crazy right? Shouldn't you always aim for a PR?

Here is my concern...the course has changed.....on the old course I would need to shave off just over 2 minutes. I will need to do the same, obviously, on the new course but I have some nervous feelings about the reserve at the turnaround. Check it out....

Please note: I edited original course map
Besides the fact that the uphills and downhills will be different, I am kinda worried about running through that lava field area. I really think it may be hot...really hot. I am not sure how I will handle it and that has me questioning my ability to PR. So obviously I am worried and nervous, but in all reality, I think I am going to go out there Saturday and do the best I can do. Hello half marathon....I am ready for you!

Today I am grateful for:
  • Normal nerves
  • Confidence in my ability to do my best
  • Support from co-workers
  • Fun photo editing
  • Finding out I was out of dish soap before I was too desperate for more!

P.S. I was concerned enough about that lava field area that I strongly requested that the run director add aid at the turnaround. Going 4 miles without didn't feel good to me. She listened. 

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to this event. Always a great turn out and good cause. Good luck on the half marathon

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lava field sounds really hot! I hope you are able to PR regardless!

    Good for you advocating for yourself and I'm glad that the race director listened.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure the race director was thankful for your input... and if she wasn't, she WILL be.

    I hope you have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete

Mahalo for your comments!