2.28.2012

Getting It Done FitFluential

You have probably been hearing about FitFluential here and there over the past few days and I have to say, I like what they are doing. I will be completely honest....I am a new ambassador for FitFluential and am still learning so much but it is a great opportunity and they are looking for more ambassadors. And guess what? You don't even need to have your own blog to be FitFluential. Do you want to be an ambassador? To apply as a blogger go HERE or to apply as an enthusiast go HERE. And please tell them, {lifeasa}RunningMom aka EricaG sent you.

Why was I drawn to FitFluential? Because I want to make a difference in my life and others. I want to be able to inspire people to make healthier decisions or to try something they haven't done before. And guess what? It is happening. I have inspired dear hubby to get out and run. I also know of at least one woman I inspired to get up each day and run....even if it is just a little. That is awesome!

Source
Why is inspiring others important to me? Because there was a time in my life when I needed it. We all need a good "kick in the butt" at times and my lowest point was after childbirth. There is a whole long story there that I may tell one day but the gist is, I wasn't being as active as I should have been because of new-mommy nerves etc. and it was negatively impacting me.

Why do I think I can inspire others? Because I have had hard days, I have been in terrible ruts, I have failed, I have been misdirected, but I still find the way to get it done. Do I inspire you? Maybe. Maybe not. But I am inspired by a lot of the bloggers I follow such as Shelly who motivated me to give running every day a try....even if it wasn't her intent. And how about Meg O who can make me laugh and yet have some very deep and meaningful posts? Honestly, I need to make it to Michigan to meet this girl....I wonder how close she is to my aunt??

And speaking of inspiration....have you entered the Leap Year Virtual Run? There is still time to join in on the fun to take place anytime tomorrow. Just run 2.9 miles, enter your time by March 4th, and you will be eligible for door prizes on March 5th. Are you speedy? You just may be one of the top three finishers to get a lei and a little treat too!

Now onto my running.....yesterday I ran what felt like a snail-paced mile on my incline treadmill. It was torture. I didn't feel like running. My legs were made of bricks and at the end, I was just happy to mark off day 60 on my calendar and accepted my 11'06" pace. Today I had to get up early and run before work because it is haircut party night. Trust me, this is a big thing! I will tell you more later. Since yesterday was so tough on me, my goal was to run 30 minutes. That's it. Don't worry about pace. Don't worry about distance. Just run. I ended up running 3.57 miles with an average pace of 8'24".

Today I am grateful for:
  • Running yesterday when my mind didn't want to and my body wasn't too sure it wanted to
  • Haircut Party Day!!!
  • Nutritious Meals
  • Library Books
  • Computers

6 comments:

  1. You are too sweet! Where in Michigan does your aunt live?? How am I just finding out about this now?! Glad you are a part of fitfluential. You def inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to remember to get my 2.9 miles in tomorrow!! Thanks for the reminder! You are inspirational, way to go getting picked for fitfluentail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on becoming a Fitfluentail ambassador. Yes I am in for the virtual race. I just hope its not windy or very cold. I'm kind of getting tired of cold and wind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy that I converted you into a band of crazies...I mean encouraged you to make running a daily habit. Yeah, I do want to convert everyone. ;-)

    You are a great example too. Everyone needs to see that they can make it happen on whatever "scale" fits them. And that fit may change over time. The important thing is to start the habit....and then share it!

    I can't wait to hear about this hair cutting party! My interest is peaked.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on being selected! I filled out the form, and I'm seriously considering applying to become an Ambassador!

    Going to get your run done later today in the snow most likely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on FitFluential! It's a great group that I am honored to be a part of!

    ReplyDelete

Mahalo for your comments!