1.21.2012

What have I been doing?

Definitely not slacking. I don't even know if I know how to slack anymore. I don't even think I could just lay at the beach reading a book anymore. And you know what? That makes me feel super happy!

I am loving running daily and truly feel it is a good thing for the whole family. I am not broadcasting this to all my friends/co-workers because they may look at me oddly....or should I say more oddly? And I am already bugged that I haven't informed them enough about running. You see, yesterday a friend asked if I had run a marathon lately. I replied not since September but I have the Maui Marathon on my schedule this September and the Honolulu Marathon in December. My friend seemed genuinely happy and asked, "how long is the Honolulu marathon?". No, I didn't cry. I didn't yell. I wasn't even sarcastic. I just stated, 26.2 miles and got the response, "cool!".

On a more happy note, it is crazy busy at work. Okay, that isn't the happy part. And I mean everyone getting cranky busy. I had a co-worker ask me how I remain calm and how can I not stress out at home. I confessed, I do stress but my solution is to run....everyday....and it puts me back into perspective. And it does.

My running this week consists of 1.14 miles on Monday, 2.01 miles on Tuesday, 1.0 mile on Wednesday, 3.49 miles on Thursday, 3.62 miles yesterday, and 7.35 miles today. I will probably wrap it up with just a mile tomorrow before darling daughter and I head out to meet dear hubby at the finish line. It will be a bit of a drive and I don't want to plan to run longer later and not get to it.

My paces this week have varied with the incline and intensity of my workouts but each run has been fantastic in its own way. Even the run on Wednesday when I wanted to stop each step of the way.

On a non-running note, I have been securing some good "door prizes" for the 2012 Leap Year Virtual Run - 2.9 miles on 2/29/12. Have you registered? I will have something for the top three finishers beyond a lei - just haven't confirmed it yet. In addition, I have some nuun and Ultima to give away and some more leads around the corner. It should be great and dear hubby is trying so hard to get his hands on everything....don't worry, I have it stashed in a secret place. I will be writing up product reviews on each item and launching the February "Pampered Runner" giveaway soon....because February is almost here.

And just in case you love picnik as much as I do....I just found out they are closing their doors April 18, 2012. I guess they will have something in Google+ in the Creative Kit but I am still sad right now. I have come to really love picnik for all I do with my pics. Any suggestions? What do you use for photo editing?

Today I am grateful for:
  • The ability to run
  • Extra foam rolling and stretching time
  • Runner's World magazine....and remember my tennis ball find? It is in the February 2012 edition. Go figure!
  • Warm sunshine
  • A well-stocked freezer....it has been sadly bare recently but is happy again!

5 comments:

  1. You have been busy! I'm trying to catch up on blogs as we speak but I'm definitely planning to run your virtual race so I'll get on that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I 2nd that! Busy, busy, busy! I just signed up for your race, too. I don't now how I missed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go, girl, on your streak! I tried to streak which pathetically ended on day 4. Keep going and I'll just live vicariously through you, lol! Good luck to your hubs! I can't wait for your virtual race! Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been super busy lately too, but you know what? I'd give ANYTHING for the opportunity to lay on the beach reading! lol I'm just lazy at heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad I am not alone! To those participating, "See" on race day!

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat!