1.17.2012

Tuesday Tunes and the Leap Year Virtual Race!

I know it is important to live in the present, to savor each moment, etc. etc. but I can't wait for February! I have so many ideas up my sleeves it is crazy. Although, I may need to tame myself down because my time is precious and February is also the craziest time at work. So why do I add more to my plate? Because I love to be busy and I love the blogging community!

I am going to be hosting my first Leap Year Virtual Run this year! Okay, the downer is that this race can only come once every four years so next year it won't be here. So sad. So let's take advantage of this opportunity to run together in spirit!

Here are the race specifics:

Feel free to grab button and share!
Date: February 29, 2012....yep, we should really try to run on this day for this one
Time: To be determined by you. That is what makes virtual so great!
Distance: 2.9 miles....did you really think I would pick any other distance?
Awards: Leis plus a treat will be given to the top three finishers.....sorry no age/sex divisions
Prizes: Participants who input their time will be eligible for door prizes such as nuun or Ultima.

Click HERE to register.

Click HERE to input your race results after you complete your run. Results are due by March 4th so I can announce the winners on March 5th.

Don't worry, I will be sending you updates and/or reminders before race day. I hope to "see" you there!

Now on to today's Tuesday Tunes......In honor of the upcoming Leap Year Virtual Run, Get The Party Started by P!nk. I got to add this to my play list!



Today I am grateful for:
  • The joy of organizing
  • Remembering good songs
  • Waking up from bad dreams
  • The Giants winning their game....had to add that for dear hubby
  • Blooming flowers at work

31 comments:

  1. I am TOTALLY down for doing this :) plus it's nice when it's a short distance - it allows for lots of people to do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I added the button I made to my page :) YAY!!!!

      Delete
  2. I am in on this, and will be on Maui to do so!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome ladies! I will email you the entry form.

    For all else, you can enter by clicking on the link above. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I am so in! :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found your blog today! This sounds fun! I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:08 AM

    I am so in! Love the idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic idea! It's the day before my 40th birthday, perfect start to what will surely be my best decade, right? I missed being born on the 29th of Feb by minutes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome Nancy! Happy birthday early....And yes, the 40's will be our best decade! I start mine at the end of the year.

      Delete
  8. Thanks for hosting, can't wait to run it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i may be doing a 4 mile real race that day. can I use the splits at 2.9 miles from that?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anita8:35 AM

    I'm in! How much? Where do I sign! (btw, just became a fan today)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Click on the link above after Register HERE. Thanks for becoming a fan!

      Delete
  11. I just found out about this, I'm definitely in! I'm a new follower as of today!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So fun. I have a 3 mi run on my half marathon sched for the 29th so will be doing 2.9 instead!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Me too, me too. Thanks to Deb I found you. Loving it. Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome ladies and gentlemen! We are up to 77 runner/walkers so far!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've just signed up! Possibly twice (by accident - sorry about that!).

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm in - what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just stumpled upon your blog and can't wait to participate in the Virtual Leap Day run!!!
    RunningOnHeart.blogspot.com
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just found your blog and signed up for the virtual 2.9 :)
    I'm excited and looking forward to it, although I'm not a fast runner it's just fun to know there's others out there doing the same thing on the same day.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm in and love the distance! Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Im in! I will be flying home from work and then out the dor for a run :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm in, but am clueless how to add the button.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I just finished! even though I was hurting - I obviously had to push it for the "race" lol

    I input all my info! I am very proud of my time all things considered! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  23. All done & blogged about it at http://upinthecosmos.blogspot.com/2012/03/never-too-late.html

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat!