1.26.2012

Today's Run from Head to Toe

Yes, I know I have been tagged and started that post but honestly, I have more to do and feel I just need to let it "rest" a bit while I think up some really good questions. Perhaps I will get back to it after darling daughter is in bed....if it is early enough and I'm not zonked.

So instead, here is my run today from head to toe.....


Gotta have my Bondi Band - I really love these and tend to wear them more often than you would think. As my hair gets longer and messier, they tend to be on my head at work. It worked out conveniently when I was asked to pose for an ad picture for the run organized by the company I work for....13.1 miles was already on my head!

Source

Nike Running Top - My tops don't need to be Nike but this style and no cotton. Yuck! I have tried but I can't handle sleeves or stuff touching my stomach when I run unless it is really cold and then I am still annoyed. I am fortunate to not have that problem very often.


Nike Running Skirt - I don't know this model's name but it isn't my favorite. Give me a Nike Pacer any day! This style is just too heavy and warm. It is fine for shorter runs but I will never race in it again. Never!


Adidas Socks - My favorite. Wear them almost every run unless I am getting late on doing laundry and need to wear a different brand. Really, they are a good comfy fit. Not too thick, not too thin, not cotton. And I can buy a big pack at Costco.


Saucony Shadow Genesis - I don't always wear these or this brand. I cycle between these and two pairs of Nikes right now. My Brooks Adrenalines, I love them but think they have enough miles in them and my budget isn't letting me buy new ones right now. Okay, I'm not when I have three pairs of running shoes that I can run in.

With all this, I ran 3.05 easy miles. I guess this was on my training plan yesterday. I got used to Wednesdays being rest days (so at least a mile) and didn't notice it until I glanced at the plan for today. So I made up yesterday's run today and will adjust the rest of the week.

Today I am grateful for:
  • 3 RSVP's
  • Good News, Bad News - I used this phrase three times today and each time, all was indeed pretty good
  • Being tagged....it is a fun exercise!
  • My darling daughter playing nicely and letting me run
  • Tomorrow is FRIDAY!

10 comments:

  1. Cute outfit!! How do you like the Shadow Genesis? Are they comfy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them! I haven't tried any other Saucony so I can't compare to much. They are one of my running shoes that are snugger in the toe box though so it may not be good for those with wider feet. But my feet are really narrow either. :)

      Delete
  2. The skirt LOOKS great, too bad those are the ones that don't seem to live up to their purpose. I like this post. I should do one too since there are so many things I just can't run without.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I don't understand why they didn't use fabric like their other products. Go figure!

      Delete
  3. awww love that whole outfit, so very cute! nice job on the miles too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am found I am a very "pink" runner!

      Delete
  4. Erica, I totally understand about the 11 things--it did take much more time than I had anticipated, so no hard feelings, seriously!

    LOVE Bondi bands, too! Great looking outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 11 things was probably the longest but most enjoyable post I have written. I had to skip the gratitude at the end because I felt bad for you who may actually read the thing!

      Delete
  5. I just checked out the Nike Pacer skirt online. It looks like a nice skirt for a great price. Maybe post-baby I'll check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will love it! It is light weight and the boy shorts underneath are comfortable. It wicks beautifully too!

      Delete

Let's chat!