1.12.2012

A little housecleaning, a bit of running....

At times Wordless Wednesday is a break for me from blogging and a means to share an image from my week. However, yesterday I didn't nap the day away. And no, I never do. Instead I did some blog housecleaning that I felt was needed. I was glad to hear from readers that my blog didn't appear cluttered but I am a compulsive person about cleanliness....just ask my family!

Some of the "improvements" I made were:

A new banner to better represent my current style......


I updated my pages since the former top pictures didn't fit right after widening the center portion of my blog a bit. It was a good suggestion as this is the place our eyes fall the most when reading. I didn't change much content but I did spend more time of my Race History pace. I moved all my past race times from the left sidebar to this page and organized it by year. I like it better. What do you think?

I changed how the archives are handled on the right sidebar. What do you think about the pull-down menu option? Does anyone really use the archives?



I also updated my blog reading list. Please note: This is not all the blogs I follow but some of my current favorites. I do update this from time to time and figure if anyone really wants to know everything I read, you can email me and ask or just go to my blogger profile and check it out. I always had the list arranged alphabetically but changed to list by the most recent update. Hey, it gives others a chance to be at the top of the list at times!

Now onto running.....

Yesterday I also ran a measly 1.33 miles as I have been absolutely awful at getting out of bed. I posted to Daily Mile my goal today and granted permission for anyone to kick me in the butt if I didn't succeed. Okay, I didn't get out of bed at 4:00 am but it was 4:30 am and thank you all for helping me. I didn't want my time to pass and not post that I ran my 6.01 miles today with 4 miles at tempo pace. You may not realize it but each one of you helped me drag myself out of bed today and I am very grateful.

My heart aches for Sherry who is missing and this story has impacted my gratitude for the day. Go to this blog for more information. Today I am also grateful for:
  • The online running community -- I am amazed by how awesome each one of you are at providing support and inspiration to others. Mahalo! I am so glad I decided to join in and blog!
  • My darling daughter -- She is the best gift that was given to me in this life and a moment of her screaming at me in the middle of a temper tantrum is so much better than never having that moment and her in my life.
  • My dear hubby and how he can drive me crazy.
  • My Mom for being so strong and wonderful and having the courage to go on after the loss of my Dad.
  • God -- for listening to my prayers, for telling me No when it is the best answer, for holding me when I need to cry, for never abandoning me in a time of need.

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting up in the a.m. I can't believe you got up at 430. ouch

    it's never ONLY 1.33 miles.

    nice work on the update. I need to do that same this weekend. I haven't even done year end totals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new banner and the more clean look! Nice job getting up early and getting those miles in. Def hardcore :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the new race page style! And cute banner, too. It always feels good to clean up and organize the blog- I have some changes I need to make, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shelly, thanks for that kick in the butt! I am about to write a whole post on how you changed my way of thinking.

    Glad you like the new look ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the sensible critique. Me & my neighbor were just preparing to do a little research about this. We got a grab a book from our local library but I think I learned more clear from this post. I am very glad to see such great info being shared freely out there.
    Solar Auto Darkening Welding & Grinding Helmet Hood Mask Golden Leaf Camouflage

    ReplyDelete

Mahalo for your comments!