Some of the "improvements" I made were:
A new banner to better represent my current style......
I updated my pages since the former top pictures didn't fit right after widening the center portion of my blog a bit. It was a good suggestion as this is the place our eyes fall the most when reading. I didn't change much content but I did spend more time of my Race History pace. I moved all my past race times from the left sidebar to this page and organized it by year. I like it better. What do you think?
I changed how the archives are handled on the right sidebar. What do you think about the pull-down menu option? Does anyone really use the archives?
I also updated my blog reading list. Please note: This is not all the blogs I follow but some of my current favorites. I do update this from time to time and figure if anyone really wants to know everything I read, you can email me and ask or just go to my blogger profile and check it out. I always had the list arranged alphabetically but changed to list by the most recent update. Hey, it gives others a chance to be at the top of the list at times!
Now onto running.....
Yesterday I also ran a measly 1.33 miles as I have been absolutely awful at getting out of bed. I posted to Daily Mile my goal today and granted permission for anyone to kick me in the butt if I didn't succeed. Okay, I didn't get out of bed at 4:00 am but it was 4:30 am and thank you all for helping me. I didn't want my time to pass and not post that I ran my 6.01 miles today with 4 miles at tempo pace. You may not realize it but each one of you helped me drag myself out of bed today and I am very grateful.
My heart aches for Sherry who is missing and this story has impacted my gratitude for the day. Go to this blog for more information. Today I am also grateful for:
- The online running community -- I am amazed by how awesome each one of you are at providing support and inspiration to others. Mahalo! I am so glad I decided to join in and blog!
- My darling daughter -- She is the best gift that was given to me in this life and a moment of her screaming at me in the middle of a temper tantrum is so much better than never having that moment and her in my life.
- My dear hubby and how he can drive me crazy.
- My Mom for being so strong and wonderful and having the courage to go on after the loss of my Dad.
- God -- for listening to my prayers, for telling me No when it is the best answer, for holding me when I need to cry, for never abandoning me in a time of need.