1.27.2012

11 Random Things

This will have meaning later
I love Jen's blog From Fat to Finish Line and she tagged me HERE. I also got tagged from TurboTurtle and am stoked to find a new blog to follow! Her layout is so cute!

Great! I was tossing around what to post about today yesterday so here I go!

The rules:
  1. Post these rules.
  2. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
  3. Answer the questions set for you in their post.
  4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
  5. Go to their blog and tell them you've tagged them.
  6. No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this. You legitimately have to tag 11 people!
Eleven things about me that you may not already know.

Source
I LOVE THE STARS: Astrology really intrigues me....western/Chinese/whatever. It is amazing how some times things really do match up....or perhaps it is just an excuse I can fall back onto. For example, equality is extremely important to me....sorry, it is just the way the stars made me since I am a Libra. Done....I don't need to change me or feel bad.

I AM COMPETITIVE: Yes and No. I mean, I am not out to compete against the world but for some reason dear hubby gets under my skin and pulls out the competition demon....big time. It makes it hard to run with him or to talk running with him because sometimes just my training idea needs to win. 

I LOVE NUMBERS: I fell in love with math in the 3rd grade due to an awesome teacher. So awesome! Plus it falls into line with my desire to organize things. Numbers make sense. Words can be vague. Therefore, I analyze my paces, run times, etc. I look at my splits. I track my stats. I want to see progress.

Don't care what it looks inside
I MAY BE AM A BIT OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE: I need a neat place to work. I can't stand clutter on my desk or around the house. I want things to go back to where they came from. If things get too cluttered, I get grouchy and restless. It is a problem. But hey, it is me and I can't find any excuse in the stars for this one. Darnit!

Yep, labeled laundry baskets
DID YOU SAY MARGARITA? That is one wonderful drink! Very bad for me though so I only indulge every now and then. However, dear hubby is NEVER allowed to make me a margarita EVER again. He did once. I ended up in the shower moments later feeling like I was dying. My only hope for peace was the water on my back and I was so hoping I could just throw up or fall asleep to escape the misery. I guess he thought I needed more tequila. NOT!

I MISS THE CITY LIFE: I'm not talking New York. That scares me and would send me running home crying. I miss Waikiki city life. I miss being able to walk to stores, restaurants, different running paths, etc. It sucks to have to drive everywhere. 

I WOULD LOVE TO LIVE IN A SMALL TOWN: I know, this seems to contradict my statement above but really, it would be wonderful to live in a small town where you know all your neighbors, you can get out and run to where you want to go, perhaps you work down the street. But now that you hear that, do you see how the two are similar? I just don't want to drive a car.

Source
I WANT YOUR MONEY: Okay, not really. I am not a greedy person and I prefer to give gifts rather than receive them. However, I do work in fundraising for an awesome non-profit dedicated to protecting our oceans with a focus on whales. 

I AM A NERD: I am. I was always the nerdy kid but not the geeky one with glasses. I did my homework, payed attention in school, and followed the rules. I used to pull out the encyclopedia as a kid and study solo. Okay, maybe I was a geek. I had dreams of being a doctor or an archeologist. Then I thought computer programmer. Then I was watching the Discovery Channel and rushed off to Texas A&M Galveston on the first "bus" to study Marine Biology. Yep, I dropped my Computer Science studies at University of Houston and essentially started over. Years later I opted to go back to school, online, and got a MBA. Although, I often wonder if all those degrees mean a thing and they have left me with way too many student loans.

I AM EXTREMELY EMPATHETIC: Too much at times. And I have on rare occasions become overwhelmed with emotion by someone's perceived pain, hurt, sadness. Not a fun feeling. I have a love/hate relationship with this quality of me. I think it is good because it allows me to see someone else's point of view and to be compassionate. I think it sucks when it makes me overly sensitive and causes me to hurt. My feelings get hurt easily too. I wish I could be emotionally tougher....or not. 

I WANT TO BE A BAKER: Wouldn't it be awesome to be paid to make delectable desserts, bake cookies, decorate cakes and be paid for it? Although, I would probably gain 100 pounds by the temptation of testing my products. Guess I will stay in fundraising and data analysis.

Now onto Jen's questions:
What was your first job? McDonald's when I was 15. Although it only lasted a couple of weeks since the company wanted me to work past 9:00 pm and my Dad didn't approve of this on school nights.
If you could hear one song for the rest of your life, what would it be? You are My Sunshine. It just makes me happy.
Favorite quote or saying? Oh my....This one could change but right now my favorite is from Dean Karnazes's dad - run if you can, walk if you have to, crawl if you must.
Disney World, Vegas, or a cruise? Disney World with me running the marathon!
Your favorite "kid" movie? Ice Age. I have been begging to see it again but darling daughter keeps making me wait. She has promised I get to see it this Friday on Slumber Party Night after we watch Tinker Bell: The Great Fairy Rescue (not so bad either).
Celebrity Crush? Sean Connery (just because of the voice), Pierce Brosnan, Antonio Bandera....any would be fine....just don't tell dear hubby.....darnit....he may read this!
Dream Race? Any and all Disney runs!
Favorite blog? Yours! Honestly, I have so many favorites because so many woman are inspiring in different ways. My 11 tags will be some from the top of my reading list.
Italian Food, Greek Food, or Asian? Italian first then falafel or hummus. I could live without Asian. Sorry dear hubby.
Favorite Sports Team? Dallas Cowboys New York Giants (really, it is the Dallas Cowboys but I need to support dear hubby's team especially since they are going to the Super Bowl)
What was your first concert? My one and only concert was Depeche Mode at AstroWolrd. Ha....I guess I need to hit the night life more often.
    And for TurboTurtle's Questions:
    If you could change your first name, what name would you choose? Ally. I actually tried to unofficially change my name in High School. Mom and Dad weren't too happy.
    Do you have siblings?  If so, how many? Two sisters...one older who is also adopted. One younger....who isn't.
    What's your favorite flavor of ice cream? Mint chocolate chip followed by Cookies and Cream. But I can live without ice cream....but not chocolate.
    Milk chocolate or dark chocolate? Dark...and the darker the better!
    What's your dream job? To get paid doing what I love....running, blogging, etc.
    Do you take compliments well? No, I get embarrassed.
    What is your favorite physical attribute? Good positive question. I like my blue eyes. My family was all brown so I thought it made me special.
    Which article of clothing do you own that always makes you feel beautiful? My pink Nike Pacer running skirt with a matching top. It makes me feel strong and ready to run!
    Dogs or cats? Have neither and can't decide what I would like best but hate, hate, hate coming across dogs when running. And a big no to big dogs. Way too scary and unpredictable for me.
    Have you broken any bones?  Which ones and how old were you? For those who know me and have been following me....a darn broken little toe on my left foot. Happened this past October. Probably still broken. Nothing until then. Darn table. Hmmm....guess I still harbor some bad feelings on that injury.
    Absolute favorite vacation spot (or dream vacation spot)? Disney for a race!!!!

    Questions for those I tag:
    1. What is your favorite time of day to blog and catch up on blogs?
    2. What shampoo do you prefer? 
    3. What is your favorite detergent for keeping your running clothes clean?
    4. If you were given some broccoli, eggplant, and tofu - what would you make?
    5. Gatorade, nuun, Ultima, or something else?
    6. Are you a running skirt fan? I can't wait to see how Erik answers this one though. Sorry dude.  :-)
    7. Tell me about your worst running moment.
    8. Tell me about your best running moment.
    9. How many pairs of running shoes are in your closet?
    10. What is your favorite place to buy running gear?
    11. Do you want to come to Maui and run in the Run and Walk for the Whales?

    Tag! You're it! If you have already been tagged or don't want to play, no worries. It took me a lot of time but it was fun!

    Ali Mc at Running with Spatulas
    Amanda at Run to the Finish
    Elle at eat, run, sail
    Erik at Running Moose
    Erin at See Mom Run Far
    Dorothy at Mile Posts
    FancyNancy at Living the Dream
    Meg O at Watch MeGo Run
    Megan at On The Road Again (although she may be too busy with the new cute addition - congrats again!)
    Shelly at It's Just One Foot in Front of the Other
    Toni at Running, Loving, Living

    8 comments:

    1. I always love finding out more about people w these! Thx for tagging me, I've been tagged a few times so may just do a few qs from each. Your last q tho? I Sooo wish I could come run w u! :) happy friday!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Awesome! I loved reading your answers - Depeche Mode was one of my favorite bands! I saw the Music for the Masses tour - loved it :)

      ReplyDelete
    3. I love how much I know about you now!> and you tagged me! Oh no! I don't usually participate in these and do a big blogger link up instead, I'll have to add you to the list! I'm flattered :)

      if you don't mind I'll answer the questions here:

      1. night but I usually do it first thing in the morning
      2. Dove but I buy whatever is the cheapest :)
      3. I just use cheer for everything.
      4. stir fry :) yum!
      5. water.
      6. to be honest I've never run in one, and I am NOT a big fan, however if I found the right skirt for me, maybe I would wear one.
      7. hmmmm, slipping on ice is never fun.
      8. finishing my first race! it felt awesome.....oh and some of my trail runs have been very out of body :)
      9. 2.....and I just got the second pair today, I'm such a poor excuse for a runner :P
      10. ummmm, where ever it's cheapest.
      11. I would love to, but it isn't in my budget :)

      ReplyDelete
    4. Great finding out more about you! I'm super empathetic too and I would love to be a baker as well :) I almost tagged you in my 11 Random Things post but then I saw you had already been tagged :)

      ReplyDelete
    5. I love random things about people and learning little things they normally don't blog about :)

      ReplyDelete
    6. Thanks Ladies, I agree. I love these random posts since it just builds a sense of connection and you realize we all have more in common than just running. :)

      ReplyDelete
    7. I enjoyed learning more about you. Disney races are FABULOUS! I did the Disney World marathon five years ago and the Disney World half marathon last year. So much fun and not a moment to get bored because you are so busy looking at everything.

      ReplyDelete
    8. These posts are so much fun to read!

      ReplyDelete

    Let's chat!