12.12.2011

What a Weekend!

"Don't play in the rain, you will catch cold!" "Put your jacket on or you will catch cold!"

You have heard it and may or may not believe it. After all, you don't get a cold from being wet or cold. A cold is a virus. Right? The scientist in me says "OF COURSE!" but the reality it, my darling daughter and I had a bit of a cough and after being wet and cold, we are both doing worse. So perhaps being cold won't give you a cold but it will make your cold worse.

I feel awful and all I want to do is stay in bed but I have meetings at work and things to do. Running didn't even tempt me yesterday. The computer didn't even tempt me. I put my darling daughter to bed and immediately felt beyond tired and everything hurt, even my hair. I zonked out moments later only to wake up, take some medicine, and go officially to bed in my bed.

I can't say I am feeling much better now but want to share some of the fun that has been going on like school field trips to sing Christmas carols to those in the hospital.....

Partying when we danced the night away. This is just when darling daughter was beginning to get a little wild and crazy.....noticed the very composed (and perhaps somewhat bored) older brother in the background?

We woke up early Saturday to do a Christmas fun run. As much as I wanted to do the 10K for my ego I did the 5K with the family. Dear hubby doesn't come to the events as early as darling daughter and myself so we had fun pre-run.

The run was good and my pace was okay. My time was about 26'32". I didn't stop my iPhone immediately so it may be off a bit and the official times haven't been posted. Plus, I didn't look at the clock when I crossed the finish line. I probably could have pushed myself a bit harder but I am still in a dilemma about how hard to push the slow healing toe. Dear hubby even pushed the stroller some for the second time. It started raining during the run and darling daughter wasn't impressed. We got soaked. Can you tell?

Afterwards I got my darling switched into dry clothes and we went undercover and enjoyed the pot luck and being around other runners. And after that, I treated my darling daughter to a fun-filled day with games, treats, and adventures. Her bonus was getting to go to the Fun Factory if she was good during the run. She earned two extra dollars of games due to the downpour. But I don't know if that topped this....

And we are always crazy girls.....

But sometimes we can be more serious for a photo shoot for Grandma (although this was the 6th attempt)......

Today I am grateful for:
  • Getting a good night's sleep courtesy of proper medication
  • Pharmacists who go out of their way to assist paranoid over protective moms
  • Umbrellas
  • Hot chocolate with peppermint marshmallows
  • Santa Claus and all his helpers

7 comments:

  1. I think the cold just makes a slight virus worse ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you guys have been sick! Way to go on the run though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't look like you are feeling poorly in that race photo!! Looking strong and fast to me! ...hope you are feeling as good as you look. ;-)

    Love all the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yuck- hope you're feeling 100% soon. My daughter has something too, and I feel like I'm coming down with it. It's so much worse when you're sick as a parent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos...especially the one during the race! Yeah, you look a little wet. I love running races with my son - he's 13.

    It's my first time visiting your blog! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the love and comments! It was a great day....rain and all. I tried to convince my daughter the good thing was I already had my shower! She didn't buy it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I was at the same race as you guys, rain and all! But, I wasn't running nearly as quick as you, and a stroller to boot!

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat!