11.04.2011

What makes a Friday fabulous?

First:
The Pile on the Miles Challenge started on November 1st and have I mentioned how grateful I am for this? It is funny how my perspective has changed and I am so grateful I haven't become all depressed and dreary with no running. It seems I have entered that point in my life (perhaps just for now) where I will make my dreams happen, one way or another.

The idea of this challenge was to get moving to help balance any holiday treats and to increase your activity level. The goal is 5 miles a week and yep, I am focused on that goal. I figured out exactly what I needed to do today to reach that goal, which may seem small to some. I truly do hope in future weeks my mileage increases and well as my speed but let's just take it one step at a time....no matter what the pace.

Second:
Google image - it didn't look like this
Where I live there are little to no street lights when you drive on the highways, etc. Trust me, when I first moved here from Texas it freaked me out to drive at night. It was so darn dark!!!!! But today I was able to appreciate the beauty that I wouldn't have been able to fully witness if there were tons of streetlights. I really wish I could have taken a picture to give it justice so I could give you a visual of the awesome lightning show that illuminated the sky on my way to work this morning.

Third:
Website image
It is date night!!!!!!! Okay, not quite yet but it is date night tonight! My dear hubby and I have a gift certificate so we can go to an awesome restaurant at the Ritz Carlton called The Banyan Tree. Thank you, thank you, thank you..... And my darling daughter is equally excited about her party night with some great friends of mine (and hers).

Today I am grateful for:
  • God's beauty
  • Rose-tinted glasses
  • Grasshopper pie yogurt ---- mmmmm........
  • Volunteer opportunities
  • My dear hubby turning my car around every night

5 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful post!! I am truly happy for you today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome postive post!! Being Thankful sure keeps the negative thoughts away :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited for POTM too!! It is always in the back of my mind! Have a great date night!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the love and support!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, date night looks like it was at a great place!

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat!