11.08.2011

Still the One Update

Because my husband is so important to me, I took on the Still the One Challenge hosted at Skinned Knees.

It is the end of the first week and the goal was to make our loved ones feel special by doing a little extra for them. In addition, we were focusing on forgiving and forgetting and praying for assistance to achieve our goals. Along those lines, no complaining to others about our hubbies.

What did I do? 

I immediately called my sister and told her my mission and gave her instructions if I started to complain about dear hubby, she had to stop me instantly. I didn't call to complain, I stuck to my guns, and I tried to make dear hubby feel special through kind words, kind actions, and making him a special meal --- tacos with real meat! I even arranged for a date night, which was a delight!

And I prayed, and prayed, and prayed for my patience and ability to let go of the little things in life (like a spoon) that mean nothing. And I think it has been a positive experience and I am ready for week 2! I must confess, towards the end of the week I think I fell off track a bit but caught myself and started to refocus on what I was trying to achieve --- strengthening my marriage!

And on a funny note, I called my sister today and started complaining about something else and she stopped me dead in my tracks. I told her I would call her later when I had something positive to say!

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great challenge! I know when it gets to the day to day things it is easy to fall into complaining! This is something I need to pray about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Fancy Nancy --- I must confess, I was a bit grouchy last night and ended up just going to bed to avoid any complaining! I will be more sociable tonight!

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat!