11.03.2011

October in Review

Google Image
It has taken me a few days to actually sit down and write about my October since my stats are not where I wanted them to be. In all reality, this is my lowest mileage month in 2011. I ran 18 miles this month before my running shoes started collecting dust due to the broken toe. If you have been following my blog you know all about that incident and I really don't want to go into much more now. But if you need a refresher or if you are new, go find out more HERE or HERE.

What I am happy about this month:
  • I ran 18 miles by the 10th and was on track to increase my mileage the remainder of the month.
  • I didn't become a couch potato after my injury. I increased my strength training with Skimble and NTC workouts. 
  • I started a 10-day Challenge to be healthier and am on the right track. I have seriously cut back on the artificial sugars and bagels. I still have room to improve on the artificial sugar front. I did great increasing my fruits and veggies and keeping my Halloween treats in check. I kinda forgot about the detox tea part.....
  • I entered two challenges for fitness reasons---- POTM and HBBC
  • I successfully completed the move from home 1 to home 2! That was a workout in itself!
  • In blog world - I started incorporating Tuesday Tunes and Wordless Wednesdays into my posts. What do you think? Do you enjoy?

What is in store for me in November:
  • I chose to not run the Harbor to Harbor (because I can't yet) but offered to volunteer. I felt I could still be a part of it and the running community I love in a different way. 
  • I did not quit POTM when I found I am unable to run for awhile. I will use the challenge as incentive to get out and walk my way to success! And I won't get discouraged about pace. 
  • I dream of being back in my running shoes by the end of the month....perhaps shortly after HBBC starts!

2 comments:

  1. I love the new weekly features on the blog, very cool! Congrats on starting off doing so well with your 10 day challenge. I know its not easy. Good for you for revamping your goals so you can still get them. You have such a great attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Meg O! I try to stay positive as much as possible. I tend to wear rose tinted glasses at times when I shouldn't though. :)

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat!