11.25.2011

I really do love to run!

With all the holiday festivities and family gatherings, I really needed to run. It took awhile for me to find the peace in the run especially since I envisioned my darling daughter playing inside with her cousins while I ran. Nope, the cousins came running outside and my sweetie wasn't really cleared for outdoor play....yet.

I was feeling annoyed and frustrated and even contemplated calling it quits to go in and check on her. And right as the thought was going through my mind and I was trying to balance my need to run and my guilt of not being inside with her, I heard some cheers with my Nike+ GPS app. It was just what I needed to keep on running and to support that by doing so, I would be a better, more patient mom.

And guess what, once I got inside my darling daughter was perfectly fine and playing with her uncle. I wasn't missed so my guilt was misplaced. Too bad it took so long for me to overcome it.

I ended up running 2.56 miles on what I can only call a "trail". It isn't a true trail but I need to differentiate this running platform versus my roadsides and treadmills. And it is a little rocky at times and a little uneven. There is rough grassy areas and mudflats. But do any of you have a better descriptive name for my fake trail runs?

Today I am grateful for:
  • My darling daughter feeling better
  • Getting my run in
  • Chutes and Ladders at a sale price
  • The enthusiasm of children
  • Gifts....especially the gift of time

2 comments:

  1. sometimes I think it's important to be a little selfish and go for a run so that you can just clear your head and get in a better mood, that way you don't take out your anger and frustration on someone else. So glad you got to get in a run and not worry about the guilt! Love chutes and ladders, one of my fav childhood games.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moms do need to remember to put themselves first at times....the sky rarely falls down afterwards. I am glad I got it in since today, it is raining.

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat!