10.14.2011

Mahalo Amanda - Interview

Aloha All!

There are many people out there who touch me and make an impact in my life. Amanda of RunToTheFinish is one. I love her blog and what made me reach out to learn more was her gratitude journal. My thankful thoughts that I have begun to incorporate were from her inspiration. With that said, Amanda was gracious enough to take the time to answer a few questions and I would love the honor to introduce her to you all!!!

{lifeasa}RunningMom asks: How long have your been running?
Amanda replies: Since 2002...holy cow how time flies! I started running to lose weight and never thought it would be something that I would inspire me to change my whole life.
{lifeasa}RunningMom asks: What is your greatest joy in running?
Amanda replies:
I love it when I can head out for a long run and just find the joy in allowing my body to move and feeling so proud of accomplishing something that I once thought impossible.
{lifeasa}RunningMom asks: How do you feel when you don't get a scheduled run in?
Amanda replies
:
I get cranky. :) I love being active, so I always try to find a way to squeeze something in every day. If I have to miss a run then I generally make it up with a longer run the next day.
{lifeasa}RunningMom asks: What is your biggest hurdle in running?
Amanda replies
:
This year it has really been my health and that was a frustrating thing. Because as badly as I wanted to run, I simply couldn't and it was probably not in my best interest to do so.  Motivation has never  been an issue because I simply love running.
{lifeasa}RunningMom asks: What is your favorite running distance and why?
Amanda replies
:
I actually love long runs of about 15-17 miles. I race to have fun with others, so there is no race distance that I particularly love more than others.  But two hours of thinking about life and relaxing, well that is my best medicine.
{lifeasa}RunningMom asks: You pay a lot of attention to your diet, which is great and I believe we can all make improvements in our diets. If you were to give others three diet rules to live by, what would they be?
Amanda replies
:
The biggest lesson I have learned is there is no bad food, but there are foods that make you feel better and worse. You can absolutely enjoy a cookie, but can you make it healthier? Are you eating it because you really want it or because you are avoiding an emotion (my biggest issue!)?  Don't be afraid of food! Instead transform your focus from what you can't have to what you CAN have. Tracking my total fruit and veggie intake changed my entire diet and made me so much happier!
{lifeasa}RunningMom asks: Personally, I was inspired by your gratitude journal and it was one of the many things that kept me coming back to your blog. Do you feel your life has changed by incorporating this? How?
Amanda replies
:
The Gratitude Journal is one of the greatest tools that I have begun to use for changing my thoughts. It is the perfect way to turn around any day and keep me moving forward with a happier life...what you think about you attract! 
{lifeasa}RunningMom asks: Can you share one interesting tidbit about yourself?
Amanda replies
:
I got married in a parking garage. Ok but most of you have read about that crazy story, so another interesting tid bit is that nothing makes me happier than answering questions about running or inspiring some one to try running and find out they CAN!
{lifeasa}RunningMom asks: If you were to give a new runner one piece of advice, what would it be?
Amanda replies
:
You are welcome at any running group. No one cares how fast or slow you are, they are truly happy to bring another person in to the crazy lifestyle of runners.
You can find Amanda at RunToTheFinish and on Twitter. She is currently striving to raise money for breast cancer (many mahalos for that) and check out the Holiday Bootie Buster Challenge 2011. I've signed up, will you?

1 comment:

  1. Great post!!!! I can't wait to check out Amanda's blog!!! I love the tip about tracking fruits and veggies!!!

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat!