10.03.2011

I love 3-day weekends!

Yep, I am at the tail end of a fabulous three-day weekend! I guess furlough days have some benefits.

Saturday was a rest day in terms of running and my darling daughter and I had an absolutely amazing girls' day! We did the necessary errands, went to swimming lessons and she was a rock star and put her face in the water not once but many, many times, had lunch at Subway, and we wrapped up the day with a visit to the pumpkin patch! I know I was supposed to take her to the movies but didn't want to drive back down into town and convinced her plan two would be good. We had so much fun at the pumpkin patch and decided we had to come back with Daddy. We ended up getting one locally grown pumpkin and some locally grown corn on the cob, tomatoes, zucchini, and broccoli.






Sunday was a family day but dear hubby had to go diving with his son. But before he did that, we went to Giggle Hill where he played with darling daughter at the awesome playground. I ran around the field a few times and ended up with 2.08 miles at an overall pace of 10'04". I called it quits because my left piriformis was aching and running on grass is new to me. Afterwards I did some stretching I did some playing on the playground too! Then it was a quick stop at home before dear hubby dropped darling daughter and I at the mall for more girls' time and this time, we did go to the theater and saw Dolphin Tail and loved it! I even cried some but that is probably due to my past experience working with stranded marine mammals. Afterwards we made it back to the pumpkin patch with dear hubby just before the gates were closed. We each picked a pumpkin so now we are the proud "parents" of four pumpkins! Do you know any good pumpkin pie recipes that are easy? Any good pumpkin recipes?

And today it is back to the girls while Daddy works so more errands and then the stress got to me. So I grabbed my darling daughter and got her set up in the jogging stroller for some running to calm my mind. I ran 1.75 miles on a hilly roadway at an overall pace of 13'58". Okay, my left piriformis was achy again but still, I need to work on those jogging stroller paces!

Today I am thankful for:
  • Craig's list
  • Coffee makers that you can pre-set
  • Community Farms
  • Pumpkins
  • 110% Play Harder compression shorts
P.S. Remember the Chico Bag giveaway!

1 comment:

  1. i love the pumpkin patch. It looks like you had a great time! I think I need to come visit you in Hawaii so we can run together to get you that sub 2 half :)

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat!