|Bondi Band from work....|
Really, check them out when you are done reading about my 10-Day Challenge.
Why 10-Days? It is an easy start and sometimes you just need to do baby steps to get yourself back on track. Okay, maybe not you but I do!
My challenge goals:
- Eat more fresh fruits and veggies
- Cut down on the carbs -- especially white breads. NO bagels!
- No artificial sugars -- really want to say no sugars but honestly, I will be too tempted with Halloween so see my next goal
- Limited, reasonable amounts of Halloween treats
- Embark on detoxification -- I have some nice detox teas that I really do enjoy and they seem to help me feel better but I don't know how much is mental or reality
Now to the exercise part of my life: Today I opted for the NTC Get Lean Heartthrob workout again. I am incorporating almost all of the jumps now and it is hard. And those high knees?! Woah! It is a really good 30 minute workout but I did take out some moves that seemed easy for me and put in some harder moves focused on strengthening my hips with the hope it will help my piriformis issues. I really am eager to see how all of this ends up impacting my running. And yes, I plan to keep to it once I can run again.
My extra daily dose of gratitude goes to all the kind comments and support you have provided me here, through email, at dailymile.com, and on facebook. Many mahalos to you all!