9.01.2011

Speed Intervals and Airport Question

The beauty of a workout goal to just run is that it eliminates the pressure and creates the possibility of success!

My goal today was to run. I honestly didn't get to it before work and once I got home I realized I have so much to do. Laundry. Clean. Make lunch for darling daughter tomorrow. Make dinner. Write note for dear hubby when I am away (yes, he requested a note of what needs to be done). Pack.

So if I had a goal of running x-miles I probably would have said I had no time. But my goal was to run. So before tackling any to do's, I hopped on my treadmill and told myself just run 10 minutes. To make the most of that time, I quickly opted to do 1 minute intervals but not to go too crazy on speed. If I sprint too long at the 10% incline I risk injury. Therefore, smart speed work.

I ended up running 1.11 miles with an average pace of 10'45". And now on to my chores for the night. On that note, I realized I need travel sized items since I am only doing a carry on. I am okay for most but do you think airport security will let me "sneak" a full size deodorant through?

6 comments:

  1. Isn't it hilarious how they treat something as silly as deodorant!??!?!?! :) Cracks me up!! GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they will. I've gotten through with lip gloss and nail clippers.
    Just don't use put a fuse in the deodorant and you'll probably be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the laugh Courtney! I needed that today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw a family stopped at the airport a few months ago because they had full-size personal items. Their items were thrown in the trash and it took them longer to go through security. Not a fun way to travel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Tina, That is what I want to avoid especially since I have all my running stuff. I guess I need to make a last minute stop today to get my "one last product".

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat!