|2010 bib, 2011 #99!|
My main goal was to stay healthy even when everyone around me was getting sick. Success!
My upcoming training is pretty much the same as last month. I am focused on maintaining my fitness level and staying healthy for the Kauai Half Marathon this Sunday and the Maui Marathon on the 18th. And sorry, no training calendar again this month as my goals are to "just get out there and run" as I am amping up my fun factor and motivation levels.
August Newbies: nuun! I read so much about it that I had to break down and try it. Love it!
And how did I do on August's hurdles:
- Overcome the mental road block and gain confidence I can go the additional 6 miles on marathon day - DONE, that 22.08 mile run served me well
- Continue to decrease the diet cokes I consume - Oh Boy....There are good days and bad days
- Staying healthy by ensuring I get enough rest (while still having time for my loved one) - DONE
- To not freak out right before the marathon
- To stay focused on my nutrition with family in town
- To stay healthy and rest
- To remember that I am good enough and will do good enough in both races in September