9.13.2011

99 bottle of xxxx on the wall.....

via Google Images
99 bottles of nuun! (What did you think I was going to say?) Take 1 down, pass it around, 98 bottles of nuun on the wall! (Oh, and they really do have the lyrics to the original song online HERE. Amazing, the whole song....wow!)

This popped into my mind last night when I should have been settling down to sleep. I have race day on my mind and all I want to do is go out and run. Really, I want to run like crazy. But guess what I did this morning instead? I slept in. Am I crazy? Hopefully not. My left hammie is a little achy. I did a short easy run to warm it up yesterday afternoon so I could do some foam rolling to give it some love. Then I reset my alarm at the last minute thinking, my training is done. There is no more training I can do for Sunday. I am either prepared or not (I am thinking, prepared) so why push the darn leg. Let it rest. Let it get strong.

In terms of running miles I have done close to nothing recently but I haven't really taken a rest day. I read somewhere that those things are good for you and that housework, errands, etc. don't count as rest. Really?! They don't? I'm not running. But I do feel like I have been running non-stop the past few days as I have had so many things to do and the whirlwind of errands doesn't stop anytime soon. How does that sound for the days leading up to a marathon? 

So I decided to do what I can and if that means less miles to get more zzz's I need to get more zzz's. So please ignore that itty bitty run on my daily mile widget....it will be bigger soon!

1 comment:

  1. Haha i love your version of the song. You do need your rest! Take it easy before that big race!

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat!