I was instantly happy with my 99, but why?
It has been a few days since I learned my number and honestly, I have not thought much about it since my initial happy thoughts. But the number popped back into my mind during a recent run. I began to analyze my number, something I have never done before, and now I LOVE my number.
- The number 9 was my soccer number way back in High School.
- 99 can be broken into 9+9 = 18 and 1+8 = 9; therefore, you have three 9's. (Oh yeah, and there are three 3's in a 9)
- My wedding anniversay is 9/9/2009 (yep, 9/9/9 and yep again, I did that on purpose).
- Therefore, my 99 can be seen as a triple 9 and made me think of the Holy Trinity.
- The triple 9 can also represent my running trinity: Me, my dad, and God. All 3 of us are always there in each and every one of my runs, especially the long runs.
- So there you have it. I have the perfect number for the Maui Marathon. I am going to have an awesome running day, no matter what my time is.
Do you ever go crazy analyzing your bib numbers?