8.13.2011

What's in a number?

I peeked and I discovered. Here it is, my number for the Maui Marathon on September 18, 2011.


I was instantly happy with my 99, but why?

It has been a few days since I learned my number and honestly, I have not thought much about it since my initial happy thoughts. But the number popped back into my mind during a recent run. I began to analyze my number, something I have never done before, and now I LOVE my number.

Here's why:
  • The number 9 was my soccer number way back in High School. 
  • 99 can be broken into 9+9 = 18 and 1+8 = 9; therefore, you have three 9's. (Oh yeah, and there are three 3's in a 9)
  • My wedding anniversay is 9/9/2009 (yep, 9/9/9 and yep again, I did that on purpose).
  • Therefore, my 99 can be seen as a triple 9 and made me think of the Holy Trinity.
  • The triple 9 can also represent my running trinity: Me, my dad, and God. All 3 of us are always there in each and every one of my runs, especially the long runs.
  • So there you have it. I have the perfect number for the Maui Marathon. I am going to have an awesome running day, no matter what my time is.
Pretty cool, huh?

Do you ever go crazy analyzing your bib numbers?

3 comments:

  1. I haven't had a super meaningful bib number yet. That definitely sounds like your lucky number!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool. Sounds like a very special and lucky number ;)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great number!!!
    Yeah, I think we all try to read something into our number. Drives me crazy sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat!