My stats for July aren't exactly where I hoped them to be since I lost a week due to that incredibly nasty stomach/intestinal thing. The doctors have formally labeled it a "really bad virus". (I could have told you that.) But I am focusing on the positive that within a week I was back to running.
My upcoming training is focused on maintaining my fitness level and being prepared for a half marathon on September 4th and the marathon on September 18th. I don't have a training calendar for you yet as I am desperately looking at it and deciding what adjustments are best to factor in the missed week.
July Newbies: A pair of Saucony running shoes so now I can alternate between what I run in. I am loving that!
And how did I do on July's hurdles:
- Overcoming mental challenge of increasing run mileage into the 20's - DONE
- Nutritional goals - eliminating diet coke and alcohol from my diet (or at least, seriously cutting it back) - MUCH BETTER
- Ensuring I have the time to increase weekly running time and still be attentive to my family - DONE
- Overcoming the mental road block and gain the confidence that I can go the additional 6 miles on marathon day.
- Continue to decrease the diet cokes I consume.
- Staying healthy by ensuring I get enough rest (while still having time for my loved ones).
P.S. the fitbook winner has been announced but do not fear, if you want one, they are available at fitbook by fitlosophy and I will be giving another one away at 50 followers. Please note, the fitbook PINK will not be available for sale until October.