8.15.2011

Mahalo 110% Play Harder

I love my 110% Play Harder Transformer Compression+ Shorts!

They are a killer to get on but it is well worth it between the awesome compression and ability to insert ice packs to target my glutes, hamstrings, and quads. I know they are designed so I can run in them and then add the ice packs/sheets but I haven't done that. I really love my running skirts. But they are a great go-to after my long runs and I have been found sleeping in them once or twice (without the ice of course).

Yesterday I iced for 20 minutes on my way home from my 22 mile run. I used ice blocks that were in with my protein shake and focused on my little trouble area. Once I got home and showered I squeezed into my compression shorts, inserted the ice packs, and set the timer for 20 minutes. Yep, I actually do set the timer so I don't get distracted and ice too long. I continued to wear the compression shorts for the vast majority of the day (they look so stylish under a sundress) and my legs are feeling pretty darn good today!

Yes, there is still some burn in my quads (as to be expected) but I am able to walk up and down the stairs at work with ease. And that darn left piriformis is being its cranky self but that just means, I need to stick with the foam roller each day and perhaps get that massager at work going when I am there. And come October, I am going to really focus on incorporating strength training or whatever else is needed to get that cranky muscle to stop whining so much! Any suggestions?


Please note: This review represents my own opinion. I purchased this item and received no compensation.

5 comments:

  1. Awesome! So glad they are working for you! I am purchasing some for myself here in the next month! Amazing what a little bit of fabric + ice can do for the body ;)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm wearing my 110% shorts right now!!! hehe how funny, but seriously they are perfect for recovery

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Amanda, Yes, they are perfect!

    @ Lacy Sue, You are going to love them! Worth the investment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:40 PM

    Can you run in these? Are they comfortable enough to run in or just for recovery?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have down a 1 mile run in them and felt just fine. I really like my running skirts but can see the full benefit of running more in the compression shorts. I am to give it more testing come October!

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat!