7.19.2011

Ordinary People, Extraordinary Things

My goal is to inspire others to do wonderful things, to get out and be active, and to find success.

Today I want to highlight a gentleman who is making great headway in accomplishing his own personal goal.

But before I begin, I want to express my deepest gratitude to this gentleman for taking the time to answer my questions so I could share his story of determination and perseverance to lose weight, increase his personal fitness, and run a marathon. He is at the beginning of a wonderful journey but already has some stories to share with others.

Without further adieu, I would like to introduce you to....

Name: Gary Aneis

Age: 34

{lifeasa}RunningMom asks: What motivated you to begin running?
Gary answers: My friend convinced mt to give it a try, so I did!

{lifeasa}RunningMom asks: How long have you been running?
Gary answers: Since this past fall.

{lifeasa}RunningMom asks: What has been your greatest achievement?
Gary answers: So far my 5-mile run at the end of June.

{lifeasa}RunningMom asks: What is your biggest hurdle?
Gary answers: Just to keep improving my pace.

{lifeasa}RunningMom asks: What are your race PR's?
Gary answers: 1 mile 12:46; 3 miles 46:19; 5K 49:19; 3.5 miles 52:50; 4 miles 54:45; 5 miles 1:14:19

{lifeasa}RunningMom asks: What is your favorite running distance?
Gary answers: I don't have one yet.

{lifeasa}RunningMom asks: Can you share one interesting tidbit about yourself?
Gary answers: I'm a sports nut!

{lifeasa}RunningMom asks: If you were to give a new runner one piece of advice, what would it be?
Gary answers: One step at a time, don't rush anything!

{lifeasa}RunningMom asks: You have accomplished so much in your running and weight loss goals. What advice would you give others who want to lose weight?
Gary answers: Same as above, one step at a time. Don't rush anything.

You can learn more about Gary and follow his success at www.500lbs2marathon.com.

And to help you all track your fitness goals and progress, stay tuned for my upcoming giveaway. Thanks to fitbooks by fitlosophy, I will be able to provide at least one reader with a fitbook of their own to track their goals. If I reach 50 followers or more, I will go ahead and give away the second fitbook I won! In addition, I will have some extra items.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat!