7.14.2011

Kaua'i Marathon - Call me crazy?

I may be nuts but I love to run! And what do all runners do on a day they are worried about a pesky injury returning? Register for another race! Okay, maybe not all but that is what this running mom did.

I have a secret confession - I am also inspired by Dean Karnazes ever since I watched the Ultramarathon Man movie that details his 50 marathons in 50 states in 50 days. How can a runner not be inspired by that? And it wasn't just me. My dear hubby and darling daughter loved the movie too!

So what does all of this have to do with registering for another race?

Quite a lot! Trust me!

Dean Karnazes will be the official host at the Kaua'i Marathon, for the third year in a row by the way. So this is my chance to meet someone truly inspirational and who cares about kids' fitness too! (That touches the mommy-side of me.) And I already confirmed with him that he won't be able to make it to Maui this year and he suggested I run Kaua'i.

I was amped! But I contained myself since I do have the Maui Marathon on September 18th that I am training for and the Kaua'i Marathon is September 4th. So I looked at my training schedule ready to find a real reason why it wouldn't be feasible. And there is a 12-13 mile run scheduled on the 4th. So, after checking with dear hubby and trying to talk myself out of it a bit more, I am going to Kaua'i to run the half!!!! The downside is this run I am doing alone. My dear hubby graciously said I could and should go and he will stay home with our darling daughter. I owe him big for this one and already said this could be my birthday, anniversary, and Christmas gift this year!

Have you ever spontaneously registered for a race or another endeavor because of your personal passion? How did it turn out?

Oh, and the pain I woke up to yesterday. Gone! I am me again and the extra rest was just what I needed! Trust me, today I woke up feeling rested and rejuvenated so that little twinge ended up being a blessing in disguise!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat!