7.16.2011

Getting back into the groove

Daily vitamins and calcium
My goal yesterday, put in some running time on my way home to work.

I headed off to the gym and as I entered I was greeted by a staff member who often works when I run; however, today he was doing his training. He asked if I was going to do another 10 miles today. When I replied nope, it is a recovery week, his response was that I would end up doing 4-5 miles. If that doesn't motivate you to get it done, what does?

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't really low on motivation but that is one thing I like about going to the gym from time to time. People there can really motivate you and you can make connections to others training towards the same goal. I now know two people at the gym who are also striving to do the Maui Marathon this year and we can touch base on progress. Although, I never have time to say more than a couple of words with my hectic schedule.

I had about 40 minutes to run today as I had to get home in time to do a family night out and take my darling daughter to her first movie at a movie theater. (This is a big thing!) I ended up running 4.35 miles with an overall pace of 9'12". This is slower for me but I am feeling good and my hip seems to be back to its normal quirky self.

What's next? A tempo run tomorrow with my dear hubby. I don't know if he is going to run the tempo pace with me but I know he will be there with me before and after. I'll let you know how it goes.

Do you run at the gym?
Where do you find motivation?
Have you ever gotten overprotective of yourself after a running injury?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat!