7.12.2011

10% Incline Run - Oh my!

After a long day of work there were three things I was dying to do. Pick up my darling daughter from school, hear about her day, and run. On the way home we stopped so I could stock up on GU gel. My darling daughter really wanted me to try mint chocolate and although I LOVE mint chocolate, the idea of running and ingesting it didn't sound too pleasing. I opted for mandarin orange and blackberry.

Once we got home, I quickly got myself geared up for the running part of my day. My darling daughter was an eager supporter and brought tons of clothes into the playroom/living room/exercise room so she could play school with teddy while I ran. I didn't have much time so I focused on pushing myself. I ran 2 miles at a constant 10% incline. My run profile was a lopsided pyramid. I increased my pace to the midpoint and then tapered down ensuring the second half of my run was faster than the first half. Overall my pace was 9'51". I know this seems slow in comparison to my other paces but really, running at that incline is tough! Really tough! My rate of perceived exertion was really up there and when my darling daughter kept asking questions I eventually had to resort to waving my hand to indicate not now. Plus, I think this is my best pace to date at this incline.

Now onto Thankful Tuesday:
  • I am thankful for the unexpected surprises that come into my life. You never do know what lies in store for you.
  • I am thankful for the comments on my training post about what my longest pre-marathon race run should be. I am also thankful for all the people who responded to me on facebook as well. I will try to get those responses to you all soon.
  • I am thankful for diaper rash cream. Yep, diaper rash cream. Months ago when I had a bad chafing experience (pre-Glide) I stumbled across some of my darling daughter's diaper rash cream that she didn't really need anymore. I tried some on my chafing and it helped. So when I discovered a raw spot from my gel arm band Sunday, I hunted down that bottle of diaper rash cream and generously applied. It seems to be helping. What do you do to promote quicker healing?

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that sounds hard!!
    According to this chart I found last week, 9:50 at 10% is equivalent to 7:02 pace
    http://www.hillrunner.com/training/tmillchart.php

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aloha Courtney, No wonder it felt so hard!

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat!