6.21.2011

Thankful Tuesday and a 3+ Mile Recovery Run

You would think with the amount of running I do that I would remain stress-free but at times things can become frustrating. This in itself frustrates me because I like to think of myself as the type of gal who sees the glass half full and finds the silver lining on every cloud. And usually I do but now I am going to make a committed effort to identifying the wonders in life.

A fellow blogger at RunToTheFinish has an awesome practice of including a Gratitude Journal at the end of all her posts. I always look forward to seeing what she is grateful for and I find it quite uplifting. Ironically as I was flipping through a Shape magazine last night I read a brief blurp about someone (sorry don't remember who) who identifies one thing she is grateful for each day to help her focus on the positive of life. I must admit, I am now pulled into this trend and will post 3 things I am thankful for each Tuesday. Why Tuesday? Because it marks the beginning of my work week, right now, and it is always good to start a work week out positively.

What am I thankful for today?
  • My 3.14 mile recovery run this morning. My quads and hamstrings have been aching since Sunday's run and I really hope this run does what is needed to work out those kinks. My overall pace was 9'07" and I wrapped up my training session with 10 minutes of good stretching.
  • My new running shoes! I got a pair of Brooks on Saturday and have tried them out for two runs now. Read about the new running shoes HERE.
  • Chocolate soy protein shakes! What more can I say?

2 comments:

  1. Nice pace! Comfy new running shoes - the best! The chocolate shake sounds like great post-run fuel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mahalo Tina! And yes, I look forward to my post-run chocolate fix!

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat!