6.29.2011

Sprint Mommy Sprint!

I was up at 4:00 am again this morning. Quickly got into my running clothes, grabbed a mixed berry mix1, headed out the door, and hopped into the car. Just as I turned the corner I saw the orange glow of yet another cane fire. It wasn't blazing as crazy today as yesterday but as I got closer into town the smoke was miserable. All I could think was thank goodness I am driving away from this and to the gym to run...although I wondered if I now smelled like a cane fire.

My goal today was to do some speed work. I love intervals and I love speed training, really I do. And I am loving it even more because I am beginning to see the payoff in terms of increased speed and endurance. Yeah Running Mom!

Towards the very end of my sprint intervals my Nike+ got a little hung up. It honestly reported that I was going 0 mph....how funny since I was running my fastest sprint yet. It took a couple of minutes for it to register what I was really running even though it immediately adjusted from 0 mph to 3 mph. Trust me, I was indeed running faster than that! I wonder if my unit is getting a bit old....

Regardless, I ran 3 minute sprint durations today with appropriate rest intervals between. I felt really good being able to maintain the faster pace for a longer duration. My general plan was for my sprints to be 1 mph faster than my recovery pace and I stuck to it...okay, at the end I increased it by more but that is just me.


My approximate total distance: 3.35 miles

My approximate overall pace: 8'57" (and I was being really conservative in that calcualation)

My mental state: Awesome! I was feeling good and didn't even let the technological oopsie bother me.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog, can't wait to read more of yours. Those cane fires don't sound good. Great job on your speed workout!

    ReplyDelete

Mahalo for your comments!