6.11.2011

I run because I can

Not everyone is a runner but I am. It is a passion deep within that has been blossoming over the years. It makes me a better mother, daughter, employee, and member of society. I truly believe runners are a special breed and I have never met a runner who wasn't compassionate and caring. Runners care and runners stick together.

In my quest to find support on my journey to run a marathon I started to blog. It has been one of the best experiences in my life because I have "met" some terrific and inspirational runners/bloggers and have connected to some kindred spirits.

Today's blog is different as I want to highlight another blogger, Courtney, who combines her passion for running and beyond with a great cause. Fighting cancer. Cancer is scary and cancer can be so devastating to a family; however, I believe this doesn't always have to be the case. Courtney is a member of Team in Training and is raising funds to fight cancer. You can read more about what she is doing HERE. I support Courtney in her mission and aim to be a member of Team in Training myself one day.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your support and your donation! :) I really hope you consider joining TNT through Flex, it really is a great experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Courtney, you are very welcome and yes, I really think I will do TNT through Flex. I just need to pick the right time and race!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the right race is Madrid. Just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aloha Courtney, Madrid is very appealing. How can it not be? But I am also tempted by the Disney race and taking my daughter to Disneyland.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know I'm the mentor for the flex team for the Tinker Bell Half in Disneyland. Just sayin' :)

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat!