6.16.2011

6.18 Miles with a Sluggish Mind

I got enough sleep last night and I am well nourished, but I woke up feeling mentally sluggish about my training schedule. In all reality, I think it is because I am off my original plan as I am making adjustments to switch my long run day from Wednesday to Sunday. I shouldn't be so hard on myself. This is a great switch and possible due to my darling hubby changing his work schedule so he can go in later on Sundays. But it means this week things have been a bit crazy as I swap runs around to get me back on schedule (or should I say, on the new schedule).

Physically today's base run was wonderful. My legs are feeling strong, my pace is good, and at the end of the run I felt I could run more if needed. That is always a good thing! I ran 6.18 miles with an overall pace of 8'54". Not my fastest pace but not my slowest either so I am happy.

What's next? I am aiming for 7 miles tomorrow, 2 miles on Saturday, and my "long" run on Sunday --- 10.2 miles with 10K at tempo pace. I just need to decide if I am going to run, go home, shower, and go to church or just switch church to Saturday evenings during my daughter's "witching hour".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat!