6.06.2011

6 Miles to Start the Week

Okay, if I want to be picky it was a 6.08 mile flat run but a great way to start the week! I started out at my recovery pace and something odd occurred. Was that a little tightness I was feeling in my shins? Really? This is something I haven't felt since soccer in high school! It wasn't really bothersome so I kept my pace the same, mentally checked in on the tightness from time to time, and it seemed to work itself out on its own. Fantastic!

I ended up doing a progressive run with the vast majority of my speed increase in the final mile. It felt wonderful and I wish I already had access to my actual splits. I am very happy with the run today and feel I am off to a good start to what will be an intense training week for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat!