5.09.2011

The Final 3 - Pyramid Run

My training plan had me slated to run 6 miles yesterday. I ended up splitting this into 2 runs. Click HERE to read about the first run. I was hesitant to do this since I am a firm believer of running the distance. I always questioned if splitting it would have the same benefit in terms of training gains. Of course, I would never split a long run.

As I started my second run of the day I discovered what I considered to be the second easy 3 mile run wasn't as easy as I thought. My legs were heavier and felt more sluggish. Perhaps two runs in one day isn't as simple as I thought. It does make sense due to less recovery time between the runs. I ended up running a 3.13 mile pyramid run. My pace was slower than my first run of the day by approximately 10 seconds. My mental state wasn't as prime but I changed that by enjoying the music and my daughter. She loved it when I called out a few words here and there of the song, although that happened less as my running continued.

The end result was a total of 6.34 miles yesterday, a great base run day. I look forward to a day of rest and fun with my daughter. I truly earned my rest day today by finding the commitment and determination to squeeze in my run time yesterday.

What's next? 3 miles on Tuesday and 14 miles on Wednesday.

1 comment:

  1. doubles take a little while getting used to. I would introduce one a week and slowly build up to 2 or three times a week, with good rest in-between. Happy training.

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat!