5.13.2011

3.37 Mile Progressive Run

It wasn't too difficult to get out of bed this morning to do my run. My training goal was a mere 3 miles.

My plan, enjoy the run but don't get too crazy pushing myself in light of race day tomorrow.

I easily went through my morning routine of getting my stuff together and headed off for my run. I had no need to rush since I had plenty of time to run prior to going to work.

I started my run at my base run pace and immediately began to enjoy the rush of running. I turned up the volume (although maintained a respectable level) and reveled in the tunes. At the 1 mile mark, I systematically increased my pace and ran as if there were no worries in the world. At the 2 mile mark, I increased the pace again and systematically increased my pace throughout the last 1/4 mile. The final 0.37 miles was a cool down.

I loved the run today. Nothing ached. Nothing felt tight. I felt wonderful!! It was the perfect run to have prior to race day tomorrow. Although my husband is a bit concerned about the race being uphill essentially the whole time. For some reason, I have no concerns about that. 6.2 miles uphill may be a challenge but I am ready to take it on one step at a time!

2 comments:

  1. The race tomorrow is a challenging one. 1300 foot climb. Just watch out for mile 3 - it is long and very steep. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip. My plan is to start out at a respectable pace and make sure I don't burn too much reserves too quickly. This may be a great time to implement negative splits.

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat!