4.22.2011

Training Plan: 10-mile Long Run

Running takes commitment no matter how much you love it. I am a runner. I love to run. I get cranky when I don't run. I even get jealous when I see someone running on the side of the road and I am driving somewhere I need to be. But even with all that love, it can still be really hard to pull myself out of the warmth of my bed at 4:00 am to go do a long run.

But as a running mom, I know what I need to do and I need to get those long runs in when I can. Usually, they are slated for Wednesdays prior to work but I felt a 10 mile run after 13.1 miles on Sunday might be pushing it a wee bit too far right now. So I ran today.

In all reality, my run ended at 9.62 miles with an average pace of 9'02" per mile. I started out easy and picked up the pace after the initial 1 mile warm-up. Then at mile 4 I really picked up my pace and was running at a pace of 8'30" or less. My goal was to work on running on tired legs to improve performance in my races. I was just slowing down for my cool down when my sensor up and died on me. It is quite funny to hear "activity stopped" when you are still running along. I took it as a sign to just wrap things up for the day since I did need to get to work and on the way, I had to make a pit stop to get supplies for the Easter Bunny.

What's next? I plan on running 6 miles tomorrow with my darling daughter, a short run of 3 miles on Easter (again with my darling daughter), and then two days of rest before 14 miles on Wednesday. I'll let you know how it goes.

Happy Earth Day and keep on running!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mahalo for your comments!