3-year old daughter to take care of and spend time with. I feel I have knocked these hurdles down. I did something very odd when I began a new training plan via Nike+ virtual coach....I moved my long run days to Wednesdays versus on the weekends. In the past, I did my longest runs on Sundays which meant I had to run with my daughter or my hubby needed to have the day off. By running the longs on Wednesdays, I can run solo and hubby is home all day with my daughter.
My piriformis muscle is getting better and better. I had 1 professional massage last month (delightful) and purchased a foam roller to roll out the kinks between massages. It is a blessing!!! One of the best purchases ever!!!
- The Wahine Half Marathon on the 17th and I can't wait to participate in my 1st all women race.
- More training!
- Time to buy new shoes.
My hurdles this month?
- Getting up earlier and earlier on Wednesdays to incorporate long runs before work.
- Adjusting to a new training schedule - the new run assortment and arrangement is proving to challenge my running perfectly! I just hope it does the trick in prepping me for the marathon.
- Mental training - Oh yes, focusing the mind, meditating (do I really have time), or whatever it takes to envision success!
- Finding time for family fun and love!