Which makes today the perfect time to reflect on some running quotes I found dear to my heart.
- By Pamela Cooper: The American marathon footrace has evolved into a cultural performance, a chance for people to tell a story about themselves...that story is about community.
- By Richard Benyo: The marathon lifestyle promotes doing rather than watching...by adopting the marathon lifestyle you can confront your own lions, be your own hero, fight your own battles, challenge yourself.
- By Hal Higdon: Think positive. You are a special person. Reward yourself with self-praise as your achieve each interim goal en route to the marathon.
- By John "The Penguin" Bingham: Every day gives you an opportunity to improve. With every run, you can try to be better. Not just a better runner, but a better person.
- By Pam Oliver: Running puts me in a positive state of mind. I'm constantly getting ideas for stories on the run.
- By Kara Goucher: Do the work. Do the analysis. But feel your run. Feel your race. Feel the joy that is running.
- By Tate Donovan: Why do I run? It's the best form of exercise. It's totally the core of being in shape. I really feel so good--anytime after the first mile.
- By Jeff Corwin: I look at running as meditation. It allows me to decompress, download, and get rid of negative stuff. That's my secret. I go inside myself.
- From my daughter: Mommy, make it go faster. (She was watching me run on a treadmill.)
- I run for peace of mind.
- I run to remember my Dad.
- I run to show my daughter that women are strong.
- One more mile for Dad.