Currently I am training 4-5 days a week. My goal, ensure 5 days of training and incorporate cross-training and stretching on a regular basis. In all reality, I want to stretch each day due to this funny hip injury I am coming off of. It seems to respond well to stretching and is happy when I stretch, so I should just stretch!
Sounds easy enough, right? Hmmm.....I am a mom, an optimistic mom, but still a mom.
What do I perceive as my hurdles this month?
- Incorporate those lovely long runs I dream about. You know what I'm talking about, the ones where you are running for miles along a road, a beach, or even through a neighborhood listening to your tunes knowing that your sweet daughter is having fun with Dad. Oh yes, those are the runs a mom loves! Sounds simple huh? Not so much. My husband and I both work full-time and our work weeks are structured around my daughter's two school days. Therefore, there are no regularly scheduled family days. Yep you heard that right, there are no days each and every week where my husband and I are off together. Woah!
|The Victory Kiss!|
Hurdles aside, my tools for success are:
- Determination and I have plenty of that!
- I have a treadmill at home and can run anytime, when time permits. In other words, I can run as late or as early as I need.
- My own personal negotiations to sweet talk dear hubby into taking a few vacation days here and there for me to run. And yes, he is supportive and understanding enough to actually do just that!
- Oh yeah, and tell the world about it! How can you not stay on target when you have people from every direction asking you how you are doing and what's next?
So what is next?
A T minus 5 months update in a month and other fun blogs along the way!