It is that time of year again - the time when you are thinking about gifts and if your house is anything like mine, dear hubby is asking me a zillion times what I want. How about peace on Earth? That would be cool! But that is hard to package and put under a tree and sometimes loved ones want to do a bit more so here is my gift of 10 ideas that I feel will be great as holiday gifts!
- Apera Bag: I have been using my Apera Bag since the beginning of the year and I am still head over heels in love with it. I have not ever used it as the traditional gym bag but instead, I use it as my everyday purse and travel bag. I love the side pockets and that I can put a drink in them or other items. And the smaller pockets are ideal for my phone, keys, charger, etc. I can't imagine life without this bag! Imagine how great it would be as an official gym bag! The perfect gift for someone you love.
- GPS Running Watch: I have running apps on my phone but for some, that just won't work. Such as dear hubby. He would smile from ear to ear to receive a GPS running watch to track his miles and time on his runs. In all reality, I can't say I would complain if I got one too since the app takes up so much battery power on my phone and I can't use it for runs longer than 20 miles...and sometimes not even the 20 miles if I am going slower. Hmmm.....Santa, are you listening?
- Polar Loop: I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my Polar Loop even though I did take it off for awhile during training when I was getting too focused on the numbers. I know there are tons of activity monitors out there so pick what works best for your loved one. I love getting the goal fireworks and yes, you should splurge and get the additional heart rate monitor. My only complaints are I can't hook it up with my older version phone and I can't seem to set my own personal activity goal. It goes my age, weight, gender and in all reality, that is fine! I mainly use it to ensure I actually REST on my rest days.
- Running Clothes: It goes without saying that a streak running would have a passion for running clothes and my closet and drawers support clearly demonstrate that. Thing is, buying clothes for someone may be a bit tricky unless you really know what they love. I can buy running clothes for dear hubby, no problem. Bright colors please! But for me, his safest bet would be to just get me a gift certificate to Running Skirts and let me go from there or have darling daughter look with him online to pick out my color loves. The sizing there is a bit different though so they may just walk away confused.
- Running Shoes: Once again, when you run every day you go through shoes like crazy but I am pickier than anything about my shoes. First, they must be Saucony but not any Saucony will do. They must be the models I run in. This makes it easier for you to do your detective work and look at what your running love loves to run in and go get those! But here, on Maui, getting the shoes I love on island is near impossible. So why not make your gift give more? When you purchase running shoes from Kindrunner you will receive a shipping label to send back old shoes, at no cost to you, to be given a once-over fix-me-up and be donated to someone really in need of shoes. Still unsure of what shoes to buy? Give a Kindrunner gift certificate.
- Log Book: I am a firm believer in logging your workouts and sometimes, my food intake too. It is a great way to ensure I am getting my proper fill of freggies and water. Just recently I was feeling a bit down that dear hubby doesn't log his workouts and with his ongoing knee/leg issues I think a log would come of real value. You can look back on your training and perhaps find that aha moment to prevent further injuries. If you want to give the gift of logging fitness and nutrition, fitbook is great!
- Books to Read: Does your loved one love to read? A book under the tree could be the perfect gift to fill their quiet time with peace and perhaps a bit of running motivation. Some recent good reads I have come across are Through Rose Colored Glasses: A Marathon from Fear to Love about battling breast cancer, directing a marathon, and running a marathon, The Long Run about overcoming a life threatening cycling accident and getting back to running, and Unstoppable - Running the race you were Born to Win for a spiritual lift for life and running. Do you know someone who loves to cook? I strongly recommend the cookbook Cooking with Coconut Oil. And what about your active little one? The book The Rabbit who Wished He Could Fly is sure to be a hit!
- Protein Powder: I end most of my workouts with a cup of protein powder and since I am dairy free, I am picky. I LOVE the VegaSport Performance Protein and it does taste just fine mixed solely with water especially the chocolate. However, please think about what your loved one would like and meet their needs and desires, not mine. Dear hubby does just fine with whey protein and don't ever get him chocolate!
- Gels: For your endurance loving friends and family gels or blocks make perfect stocking stuffers. Personally, I am loving the Huma gels as they are all natural and perfect for me. Dear hubby goes for Clif Shot Bloks. It seems I may be the pickier one in our household as my loves require going online. Thank goodness for dear hubby I can easily stop in a store to restock his fuel if needs be.
- ShowerPill Athletic Body Wipes: I found out about these things years ago and let me tell you, they are still AWESOME after a race. I thought I was out of them and discovered one way down in a drawer, my running top drawer by the way. It was the perfect wipe for after the Maui Marathon and in all reality, this is just when you want one of these. Post race. Okay, if you are running your training run and going straight to running errands, they will work then too. You can read my initial review of this product HERE but that coupon code is no longer valid. The good news is I can give you a new one today! These make great stocking stuffers so go ahead and use the coupon code runner10 by December 31, 2014 for 10% off. The coupon code is good on their website and at Amazon.
Two winners will be randomly selected on December 3rd. If I do not hear back from the within 48 hours, another winner will be selected. Product will be delivered directly from ShowerPill. Giveaway void where prohibited by law. Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Daily Gratitude: I am thankful to be able to offer this giveaway.
Daily Affirmation: I am blessed!